CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

4 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Ah, Four Rooms.  

Anthology films totally don't count, sorry.

Wasn't Death Proof released in America in an anthology way as well? It was only OS that it was released individually.

1 minute ago, The GOAT said:

Why does this movie have a 78% audience score? I bet it's bc of what happened to a certain icon/legend.

77% now. people don't seem to like it. expect a brutal drop next week

Edited by Alli
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Wasn't Death Proof released in America in an anthology way as well? It was only OS that it was released individually.

It was a double feature, both movies were technically feature length.

His part of Four Rooms was like 15-20 minutes.  Did you see either of the V/H/S movies?  It's like that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, aladdino said:

yall think this can get to 150m dom??

my prediction:

DOM - 139m

WW - 380m

doubt it, tarantino films are quite front loaded by now. fast and furious next week is stiff competition too.

6 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Why does this movie have a 78% audience score? I bet it's bc of what happened to a certain icon/legend.

what happened to a certain icon?

Edited by Avatree

2 minutes ago, Julian1410 said:

I have not seen iT yet but heard how the Manson murders are depicted. What a mistake of Tarantino. I hope iT works better in the movie

It works just fine in the movie 

Edited by 75Live
Typo

Just now, Julian1410 said:

IT seems a little bit disrespectful. Also to the audience who maybe don’t know the Manson murders. I think abroad not many people know what actually happened.

I'm starting to think you got some wrong information but I can't say either way without spoiling anything.  So I'll have to bow out at this point 

I don't know anything about the subject matter, dont know who Manson is or anything other than hearing the term "manson murders", I would appreciate it if there's no spoilers in this thread. Thank you x

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

I don't know anything about the subject matter, dont know who Manson is or anything other than hearing the term "manson murders", I would appreciate it if there's no spoilers in this thread. Thank you x

You really should read up on it... it's a pretty important piece of modern history. Not just for the completely crazy plot Manson cooked up, but for the way it sort of charted a course for the future we live in now.... the obsession with fame, being around famous people, real stories being treated as movie or TV show narratives, the inability to completely trust the police despite having a slam dunk case, the way the police also monetized the case with books in pursuit of their own fame... the way criminals become celebrities.... 

It was one of the events that helped pierce the bubble on the hippie movement and led to conservatism coming back hard in the 80's. You're not going to have the movie spoiled by learning about American history... 

Edited by LawrenceBrolivier
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

You really should read up on it... it's a pretty important piece of modern history. Not just for the completely crazy plot Manson cooked up, but for the way it sort of charted a course for the future we live in now.... the obsession with fame, being around famous people, real stories being treated as movie or TV show narratives, the inability to completely trust the police despite having a slam dunk case, the way the police also monetized the case with books in pursuit of their own fame... the way criminals become celebrities.... 

It was one of the events that helped pierce the bubble on the hippie movement and indirectly led to conservatism coming back hard in the 80s. You're not going to have the movie spoiled by learning about American history... 

well I am going to have it spoiled because I don't know anything about the subject matter. Given I'll be seeing it in just a few weeks i think it makes sense to read up after watching the film rather than before.

• Disbelief 1

Sorry I have to be that guy but :

I told you so.

Sometimes  I feel like that scientist in disaster movies, you warn people but they wouldn't listen, lost in their egos and certainties.

C'est la vie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

It was one of the events that helped pierce the bubble on the hippie movement and led to conservatism coming back hard in the 80's. You're not going to have the movie spoiled by learning about American history... 

This.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, filmlover said:

Uhhh...

LOL

21 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Clinton.

All roads lead to pizzas deliveries at the Clinton Foundation.

lol

On 7/25/2019 at 9:44 PM, Cmasterclay said:

Django Unchained

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Inglorious Basterds

Reservoir Dogs

Jackie Brown

Pulp Fiction

massssssive gap after these six masterpieces to four that were mediocre to kinda bad

Kill Bill 1

Kill Bill 2

Hateful Eight

Death Proof

Unpopular opinion alert but I think Reservoir Dogs is bad, same with Jackie Brown.  Swap out those 2 with Kill Bill 1 and 2 on your list and I'd agree.  

Pulp Fiction is wildly overrated but still good IMO.  Django Unchained is probably his best film imo, I don't know if its because of the film itself or the fact that it was an absolute riot at the theater on OD on a Friday night, rarely do you see a packed house eat up a movie that much

this idea that internet weirdos bring up of others being tricked into liking a movie because they don't agree with them... it makes no sense. like, that's not a thing. even if it was, is that a bad thing? "Oh no i was DUPED into having a good time at the movies! I can't believe i've been tricked into enjoying something smh.". sucks for those letterboxd assholes. thinking they got something worthwhile for their time and money, what losers.

• Like 2