WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Just noticed this, Wonder Woman just got ahead of Hunger Games at the same point in time. THG would enter summer weekdays in 3-4 weeks' time which is when this comp will become really interesting

THG:

May 4–6  3  $5,587,661  -48.3%  2,794  -778  $2,000   $380,614,659

Wonder Woman:

Jul 14–16  6  $6,885,000
(Estimate)
  -29.9%   2,744   -347   $2,509   $380,686,078
(Estimate)

4x multiplier is real!!! 
$413m!!!! WB should have double-feature along with Dunkirk next week!! and again reexpansion to 2000+ cinema like what disney did and make it be extended version like what they did with BvS, so that it could drive people in!  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I didn't read it anywhere I was joking. The general idea around here from some is that if a huge CBM doesn't make X-number then it's going to be very bad for the studio but the number is always insane. "Oh, this needed to make a billion!"   No,  they don't need to make that much and much of the budget speculations are just that...  speculation. 

Did that started with Batman V Superman,  I don't remember reading instead speculation over break even point that high before that movie.

It was even the other extreme not that long ago, with speculation that Men of Steel was already profitable just from product placement and needed to do negative something at the box office to be profitable.

23 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Just noticed this, Wonder Woman just got ahead of Hunger Games at the same point in time. THG would enter summer weekdays in 3-4 weeks' time which is when this comp will become really interesting

THG:

May 4–6  3  $5,587,661  -48.3%  2,794  -778  $2,000   $380,614,659

Wonder Woman:

Jul 14–16  6  $6,885,000
(Estimate)
  -29.9%   2,744   -347   $2,509   $380,686,078
(Estimate)

Sequel is doing TDK numbers. Calling it right now

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'm glad Martin Landau was fully celebrated for his role in Ed Wood.

Mission Impossible tv was before my time but l also enjoyed his cameo in Entourage.

He's a wonderfully intense and memorable villain in North by Northwest. I never even thought it was him for the entire movie, only knowing him from late career roles, and kept thinkng holy shit who is this guy. 

• Like 3

SMH is doing solid business for a sequel/reboot that's following 3 straight mixed/lousy movies.

IDGAF about SMH's boxoffice run really, they are going to make a million Spidey sequels no matter what.

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Man, you'd think 117m was a horrible opening. 

SMH is doing solid business for a sequel/reboot that's following 3 straight mixed/lousy movies. 

The only people who think the opening was lousy are overzealous Marvel fans who wildly over predict every Marvel movie.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

they can keep making spider-man sequels until they have to finally give me a movie w/ KRAVEN and then they can stop.

With Maguire there was a chance, Holland is too young and the storyline is way too heavy for the MCU.