WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I'm not saying anything now that I didn't say to you earlier in the week.

To be fair, I was providing historical evidence from WW's run in that forecast. It certainly wasn't impossible based off Monday alone.

Edited by WrathOfHan

Great Saturday boost for Spider-Man BTW. Guess all those doom & gloom posts were for naught, as is always the case on this site. 

28 minutes ago, baumer said:

Wow! I've never heard anyone mention Winslow before...... but yes some of his stuff in Police Academy was pretty darn brilliant.  

Winslow's cameo in Spaceballs is pretty hilarious too. "The radar is jammed!"

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I have calculated the chance of Tobey coming back.

It is precisely zero.

And it should be zero...I rewatched Tobey yesterday and man, he's just not good now compared to Tom Holland...it's like having generic vanilla ice cream all your life, thinking it's good, and then being introduced to Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream...you can literally never go back and appreciate that generic vanilla as much...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think it can pull a DM1->DM2/Shrek->Shrek 2 sort of increase if it is really good and it has a great marketing campaign.

Eh, 5 years is a long time and two Lego movies in between kills your novelty. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

To be fair, I was providing historical evidence from WW's run in that forecast. It certainly wasn't impossible based off Monday alone.

I think your prediction was a little extreme but even I was wondering if like a 43% drop was happening.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rth Homecoming said:

Neither is performing quite as I thought, so for now lower Apes 19.5,SMH 17.5

I expected Spidey to go down. I think Spidey will be more like 18mil when all is said and done.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

24 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

If what i'm hearing from D23 is indeed as good as it sounds then WB/DC needs to bring their endgame.Like movie announcments,directors,castings (maybe even show them in the suit) and of course trailers.

Also,glad that Apes is doing well.The film was absolutely amazing.Perfect i could say.But @Rth Homecoming can you please bless us with the true story of the weekend....WW's hold...

Nobody's gonna care about D23 on Monday let alone next week 

3 hours ago, Rth Homecoming said:

Neither is performing quite as I thought, so for now lower Apes 19.5,SMH 17.5

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Okay let's just use the STB comparison again, calm down...

22.1M

19.5M

15.4M

57M weekend...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

And it should be zero...I rewatched Tobey yesterday and man, he's just not good now compared to Tom Holland...it's like having generic vanilla ice cream all your life, thinking it's good, and then being introduced to Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream...you can literally never go back and appreciate that generic vanilla as much...

tumblr_inline_nqj55zi8TB1qht6nq_250.gif

Will NOT allow my post to be used to disparage Tobey. 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

WB doesn't have the same amount of IPs that Disney have but they release a lot more films, some of it is more adult skewing like Dunkirk, It etc As long as the tentpoles like DC, Wizarding World, WAG and things like Ready Player One are successful, they'll be more than content

Their DC films since 2013 are averaging 330,000,000+ domestic ... Fantastic Beasts is going to be a perennial 200-250 million franchise ... Lego is a solid piece as well ... and they continually keep Nolan in the fold.

They'll be fine and don't need to worry about Disney/MCU.  If they make good movies the sky is the limit for them due to the individual IP they have access to.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Okay let's just use the STB comparison again, calm down...

22.1M

19.5M

15.4M

57M weekend...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

$57M - that was my sequel law prediction on Monday (which was pretty much a Math only guess)...damn, maybe that law works:)...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I expected Spidey to go down. I think Spidey will be more like 18mil when all is said and done.

Maybe it's just me, but you really have a habit of telling us that you knew something was going to happen, AFTER IT HAPPENS.  How about the next time rTH posts numbers, why don't you tell us what you think right then and there.  What you are doing now comes off as a bit of a know-it-all.  I mean, I can think of at least 4 other times you told us that you "knew" something was going to go up or down after it has been posted.  But I don't see anything on here from you before it happens.  

• Like 9

Anyway, to make this happier, I saw Sing finally at tonight's neighborhood pool party...and it was better than I expected.  First 5-10 minutes, I was like "oh no, I'm watching a tv comedy sitcom with the story switch every 30 seconds", but somehow the movie pulled that together and made it work in the end.  It's a B+ movie (well, it's a B movie, but the music is SO good and so perfect for a party time watch) and I can really see why it totally legged out to beat Moana last year.  You walk out happy, dancing, and singing...

And can I say...the mouse...I'm amused they made such an unlikeable character who still has his "fairy tale" arc - keeping those contests true to life:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1