marveldcfox

Ballerina | June 6, 2025 | John Wick Universe| Lionsgate | Len Wiseman (Underworld, Die Hard 4) directs

5 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

His Die Hard and the first Underworld were pretty cool, but then he sorta got put in the director's jail for over 10 years after Total Recall. Was it really that bad of a fumble?

I thought his Total Recall was soulless, boring and sterile, but it had some nice visuals and wasted good cast. But I don't think it's the kind of movie you should be in director's jail for 10 years.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

His Die Hard and the first Underworld were pretty cool, but then he sorta got put in the director's jail for over 10 years after Total Recall. Was it really that bad of a fumble?

I  think Live Free Or Die Hard is really good and underrated. I would put it 3rd behind the Original and Vengeance. The internet  loves to hate it and lumps it with A Good Day to Die Hard. That one is terrible.  

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

The internet  loves to hate it and lumps it with A Good Day to Die Hard. That one is terrible.  

That's crazy, the difference in quality between them is massive, I wouldn't put them in the same boat.

• Like 1

The biggest problem with Live Free or Die Hard was the pg-13 rating. Yes, it was a better movie than the R rated fifth one ( NOT directed by Len Wiseman ),but I felt the 5th movie ( as bad as it was ) at least was more Die Hard than the previous one. Die Hard and PG-13 ratings can't be put together. Studios never learn. They did that with Expendables 3 too. 

On 2/1/2024 at 10:21 AM, Firepower said:

I thought his Total Recall was soulless, boring and sterile, but it had some nice visuals and wasted good cast. But I don't think it's the kind of movie you should be in director's jail for 10 years.

To be fair, it's hard to bounce back from losing $87M

On 2/1/2024 at 10:39 AM, emoviefan said:

I  think Live Free Or Die Hard is really good and underrated. I would put it 3rd behind the Original and Vengeance. The internet  loves to hate it and lumps it with A Good Day to Die Hard. That one is terrible.  

Yeah, Die Hard 4 got unfairly defined as a target of meme hatred for not being R-rated. It's a valid critique but it really meant that people forgot that on its own merits DH4 is just a very solid blockbuster that felt like a Die Hard movie sanded down for a cable tv release (because that's basically what they did). The fifth film is one of the worst movies I've ever seen while not even being bad in an interesting way. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

Ballerina is BAD. Saw it last year. No wonder it’s getting pushed. They’re probably going to beef up Keanu’s cameo. They’ll probably take the audience for fools and call it something stupid like JOHN WICK PRESENTS BALLERINA. OR BALLERINA: A JOHN WICK TALE. OR THE JOHN WICK SAGA: BALLERINA.

Under Deadline's comment section.

Empire City was finally right about something for once, his scoop about bad test-screenings and massive reshoots with Stahelski was essentially confirmed.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

43 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Ballerina is BAD. Saw it last year. No wonder it’s getting pushed. They’re probably going to beef up Keanu’s cameo. They’ll probably take the audience for fools and call it something stupid like JOHN WICK PRESENTS BALLERINA. OR BALLERINA: A JOHN WICK TALE. OR THE JOHN WICK SAGA: BALLERINA.

Empire City was finally right about something for once, his scoop about bad test-screenings and massive reshoots with Stahelski was essentially confirmed.

Damn, poor Ana. I don't feel like it's really gonna happen for her. 

Besides the standout sequence in No Time To Die, her post Knives Out career has been pretty dire between Sergio, Night Clerk, Wasp Network, Deep Water (which I actually really like), The Gray Man, and now this looking like it sucks. Maybe they can fix it with Stahelski coming in but definitely a tough scene. Obvious terrible idea having Wiseman do this

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot about Ghosted, which was easily the worst of the bunch

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1

Well that Highlander remake with Henry Cavill is going to be farther off if Stahelski is going to be focused on saving this. It would be nice to seem him direct something outside of the Wick verse. I know people have a love/hate relationship with David Leitch but  of the two he at least has  gone to direct other movies whether you like them or not. 

26 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Besides the standout sequence in No Time To Die, her post Knives Out career has been pretty dire between Sergio, Night Clerk, Wasp Network, Deep Water (which I actually really like), The Gray Man, and now this looking like it sucks. Maybe they can fix it with Stahelski coming in but definitely a tough scene. Obvious terrible idea having Wiseman do this

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot about Ghosted, which was easily the worst of the bunch

I mean, she did receive an Oscar nomination for Blonde even though everyone hated the movie itself so she has that at least heh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

I mean, she did receive an Oscar nomination for Blonde even though everyone hated the movie itself so she has that at least heh.

2020 was supposed to be her year. She was following up on her breakout in Knives Out, had NTTD lined up, Blonde was going to be her Oscar play and likely win, her relationship with Affleck was the talk of the town and Deep Water was going to make her an icon of "erotic cinema" as such. The Covid happened and the best laid plans all went to waste.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Firepower said:

Voldy being right here is pretty scary. I wonder if his Kraven rumour is true as well, and if it really will get moved up to Bad Boys 4's spot.

6 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

Don’t forget two Razzie nominations as well, worst actress and worst couple for Ghosted. 

11 hours ago, Firepower said:

Are we actually taking seriously a comment on deadline's fucking comment section as a review? Like, is this how low the bar is for credibility now?

It's not a defense on the film (given the director and the buzz I have little doubt that it does suck), but holy shit, come on now..

• Like 1