MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

18 minutes ago, El Panda Machos said:

Could the toxic audience score on Emoji be seen in its IM?

Wouldn't surprised me, it's like the Fant4stic of Animated films. 

It's a bit sad that people want Emoji Movie at number 1 as poor films shouldn't be rewarded with success especially in the animation arena as IMO animation shouldn't be treated as throwaway entertainment or a 90 minute babysitter. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Rough "R" market to enter right now...and trailers did it no favors - the steamy scenes seemed to be a desperate ploy to get you in...

I agree. I maintain that marketing these female led action films in an over sexualized manner turns off a huge chunk of potential audience. One of my greatest fears was that WB were going to fall back on that trope with Wonder Woman. Luckily the smartly didn't. I think studios are harming their films by over emphasizing sex appeal. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, El Panda Machos said:

The only thing holding me back from seeing the Emoji movie out of curiosity is paying to see Emoji movie

Use the Fandango code and go on a cheap day or 1st show...you can probably see it solo for $3 or less...

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I agree. I maintain that marketing these female led action films in an over sexualized manner turns off a huge chunk of potential audience. One of my greatest fears was that WB were going to fall back on that trope with Wonder Woman. Luckily the smartly didn't. I think studios are harming their films by over emphasizing sex appeal. 

The only thing that made my "This is blatant BS for the male gaze" radar ping was the emphasis on the lesbian scene in the marketing. I am sure that they were trying to entice dudes with that, but it could be a potential turn off for many women.

Not saying that this is absolutely what happened, but I am not going to lie: the only thing I personally disliked about the AB trailers was that. Not because it was a lesbian scene, but because, to me, it felt like a blatant "Dudes, check out these two hot bitches making out, man!" moment.

And I say this as someone who is 100 % rooting for Atomic Blonde

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's a bit sad that people want Emoji Movie at number 1 as poor films shouldn't be rewarded with success especially in the animation arena as IMO animation shouldn't be treated as throwaway entertainment or a 90 minute babysitter. 

Jonwo, you've become one of my favorite posters.

• Like 2

YESSS IM IN THE THEATER FOR EMOJI MOVIE SLIGHTLY BUZZED SO HYPED

😶😧😱🤤🤧😬😪😲😓😷💀💩💩💩💩😪😬😪😪😢😵😵💪💪👁👤👃🏼👆🏻☝️🤜🏽🙅‍♂️🎅🏿🎅🏿🎅🏿🎅🏿🎅🏿

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

Drunk Blanks da bess Blanks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

On 02.04.2017 at 3:55 AM, CoolioD1 said:

there isn't really any competition for this being the saddest post i've ever read on this forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Drink more to numb the pain.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blankments said:

...why?