MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

23 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Use the Fandango code and go on a cheap day or 1st show...you can probably see it solo for $3 or less...

That's still three dollars I'd be spending on a movie about emojis.

Honestly, if the lesbian stuff turned people off, I think it's kinda BS. I mean, I get the male gaze stuff, but Charlize specifically changed the sex of that character for the sake of representation. Not to mention how heavily involved Theron was in the creative process of this film.

As I said, I understand the concern about the male gaze but almost every film is from the male gaze. It's like people don't even think about representation for queer women. And while there may have been too much emphasis on it in the marketing, I really can't imagine anyone would be complaining had it been a straight love scene.

• Like 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

the most arousing thing in the atomic blonde trailers for me are james mcavoy's coats. strong coat game. i'd like those coats. (no batman begins references please)

What's the stance on Ben Mendhelsohn's coat?

821a50c431764931b555ef13864cece1-1b42aba

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Atomic Blonde always struck me as another niche genre film Social Media over-blows to high Heaven and the GA goes "EH!"

Did anyone expecting anything else than a result between John Wick 1 and John Wick 2 (and pretty much close to the middle) gave an argument for that ? That movie had really good recent comparable.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

The only thing that made my "This is blatant BS for the male gaze" radar ping was the emphasis on the lesbian scene in the marketing. I am sure that they were trying to entice dudes with that, but it could be a potential turn off for many women.

Not saying that this is absolutely what happened, but I am not going to lie: the only thing I personally disliked about the AB trailers was that. Not because it was a lesbian scene, but because, to me, it felt like a blatant "Dudes, check out these two hot bitches making out, man!" moment.

And I say this as someone who is 100 % rooting for Atomic Blonde

I feel the same way. In the trailer that part came off as male gazy to me. I'm A-okay with the character being bisexual and the sex scene being in the film I just felt that part of the marketing was not in good faith.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

he pulls it off but it's just too much for me. i don't like such an abundance of coat.

That's fair. There's something intimidating about a coat that looks like it could eat Fassbender at any moment.

screen-shot-2015-03-24-at-12-19-01-pm.pn

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Until last week anyone who didn't think Cersei was GoT's best character had atrocious taste.

Now, there is another

Reveal hidden contents

They should just have Euron go full Victarion at this point, since they're ignoring everything about the actual book version already.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Your post originally referred to is still top 5 material. 

:sadben: 

36 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the most arousing thing in the atomic blonde trailers for me are james mcavoy's coats. strong coat game. i'd like those coats. (no batman begins references please)

McAvoy is always charming as fuck. Dude is nearly 40 yet feels like he's 10 years younger. Same with Fassy for that matter. I still can't believe he's 40.