MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

11 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Coming off 5.5 previews, it would be pretty decent. How many summer films this year have actually dropped 50% or less on a normal weekend considering those previews?

WW, but that's a freak of nature. 11% preview share is really big (especially for a 50m OW), so anything under 50% is good enough. Plus it's been playing really strong on weekdays as well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Until last week anyone who didn't think Cersei was GoT's best character had atrocious taste.

Now, there is another

Hide contents
gallery-1500904624-euron.gif

Yara is pretty awesome, alright. :sparta:

Also, anybody who rates Cersei over Tyrion deserves capital punishment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

WW, but that's a freak of nature. 11% preview share is really big (especially for a 50m OW), so anything under 50% is good enough. Plus it's been playing really strong on weekdays as well.

I know WW is more or less the only one, but I know it'd pain Han to say it, so it's like a win-win for me :sparta:

• Haha 2

I was hoping for 8M for AB (which I felt was slightly optimistic anyway) so I'm pretty happy with this early #.

Still watching Pulse and MT tho to see if it makes any big jumps. It obviously will play better at night, so I would love to see that # climb to 8.

17 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I know WW is more or less the only one, but I know it'd pain Han to say it, so it's like a win-win for me :sparta:

All my energy into hating WW has gone away. That energy is now after another film......

D3min2.gif

• Like 2

Like, I'll give WW this: it's competently made. I can't really hate too much on something that isn't a poor film. Not when those..... things are having good legs.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

THR, same #s as Deadline

A potentially close race is shaping up at the North American box office, where new family animated film The Emoji Movie is battling Dunkirk for the No. 1 spot, according to early returns.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/weekend-box-office-emoji-movie-close-battle-dunkirk-no-1-1024914

Edited by a2knet

I support this idea. 

not to mention its current Rotten Tomatoes rating is reading 3% off 30 reviews (Really? How bad is that rating for business? Some studio executives are of the mind-set that a Rotten Tomatoes rating shouldn’t even be published until 50 reviews are collected).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Listening to some songs on AB's soundtrack right now. They outdid BD IMO

A casual take if I ever saw one judging by the extremely recognizable songs I saw on there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

A casual take if I ever saw one judging by the extremely recognizable songs I saw on there.

Even if the final song is super cliche, the rest of the soundtrack works sooooo wellllllll

I know it's super early, but I would be lying if I said that I am not disappointed by Atomic Blonde's expected weekend tally. Also, I was hoping for a better hold for Girls Trip. Oh well, not a big deal at the end of the day. I would also be lying if I said that I would not be happy ifThe Emoji Movie's OW beat Dunkirk's second weekend. Sorry; nothing against Nolan's film, but I want to see the movie snobs who clutch their pearls over harmless stuff like TEM suffer. :P 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I support this idea. 

I am confused by that. Not publish where exactly? It's not like the studios can order RT not to collect the reviews or the media not to report on the Rotten Tomatoes score. Only thing the studios can do is lift the review embargo as late as possible which I dont think the studios will do for most of their movies. 

27 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

The fact that emoji with a 3% on RT still has a shot at #1 for the weekend is downright disgusting. Valerian deserved to open to atleast 25 million. Fuck you North America.

Why should RT decide which movie deserves what spot. Emoji (a PG movie) will be enjoyed by so many young ones. That is what's gonna open it to 25-30. Sony saw an opportunity and made the movie. Irrespective of it's quality, just due to it's subject matter it's gonna get some attention from a certain demographic.

• Like 1