MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

Imax pumped 22% of Dunkirk‘s North American weekend with $6.2M from 403 auditoriums. Seventeen of the top 20 domestic runs were Imax venues. Twenty-two percent of Dunkirk‘s $102.8M stateside cash came from Imax natch as Nolan shot a bulk of the movie in that format. Dunkirk will have the full Imax network next week.

drop from opening weekend's 23.2%. and May i know what is the last sentence supposed to mean?

10 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Dunkirk's Sunday drop looks a bit generous to me as well assuming the Sat # is correct. Not sure if they're just shifting around stuff because because I noticed a revised Friday estimate too

Emoji -20%, Dunkirk -21%. Both seem generous, but we'll see how it goes. Star Trek Beyond dropped 18% on its second Sunday after a 48% Saturday increase. 

Jason Bourne's run gives pretty good perspective on what Dunkirk is doing. Bourne was $8.7m ahead after Day 3. It's now less than $300,000 ahead after Day 10. Dunkirk grossed $28m on second weekend and Bourne grossed $22.4m on second weekend. Bourne ended up with a $162m total gross. Dunkirk clearly on pace to blow well past that number at this point. 

• Like 2

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Emoji -20%, Dunkirk -21%. Both seem generous, but we'll see how it goes. Star Trek Beyond dropped 18% on its second Sunday after a 48% Saturday increase. 

Jason Bourne's run gives pretty good perspective on what Dunkirk is doing. Bourne was $8.7m ahead after Day 3. It's now less than $300,000 ahead after Day 10. Dunkirk grossed $28m on second weekend and Bourne grossed $22.4m on second weekend. Bourne ended up with a $162m total gross. Dunkirk clearly on pace to blow well past that number at this point. 

Yeah im having a hard time imagining less than 175 and more realistically closer to 185-190. Interstellar is proving to be a good marker

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Dear admins/mods (@Squadron Leader Tele, @Water Bottle, @Stutterng baumer Denbrough),

Can we pretty, pretty, please (ever-so-kindly) re-instate format retention for formatted stuff that is copy and pasted? Whenever I paste any of my info/lists since the update, the formatting (bold, italics, colours, etc) is still lost, which makes it really cumbersome to have to re-do all of the formatting within the post. It makes a big difference. :(:(:( 

Peace,

Mike

It depends on which browser you use. For me I'm forced to use Microsoft edge. All formatting accept for justification copies (it defaults left justify. )

31 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Dear admins/mods (@Squadron Leader Tele, @Water Bottle, @Stutterng baumer Denbrough),

Can we pretty, pretty, please (ever-so-kindly) re-instate format retention for formatted stuff that is copy and pasted? Whenever I paste any of my info/lists since the update, the formatting (bold, italics, colours, etc) is still lost, which makes it really cumbersome to have to re-do all of the formatting within the post. It makes a big difference. :(:(:( 

Peace,

Mike

I can look into this but I'm not sure how much we have control over this.

48 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The Hurt Locker made way less than 30 million and it stayed in the Oscar race.

What do you mean "stayed?" Don't you mean "slayed?"

Look at Girls Trip scoring the best PTA in the Top 12. It will probably increase with actuals as it settles in for a healthy run during August.

38 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The Mummy will pass 400m

Domestic:  $79,529,695    20.0%
Foreign:  $317,400,000    80.0%

= Worldwide:  $396,929,695  

There was potential with the mummy if it were a good movie. OS could have exploded if audiences were pleased with the movie. missed opportunity ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny how different my theatre is playing this weekend. I've been working my ass off more hours than I was supposed to work the past couple of days to accommodate the larger than expected crowds for emoji.

At my theatre, it's already at about 28M after Friday and Saturday. Next shift in 90 minutes :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I can look into this but I'm not sure how much we have control over this.

Can we revert back to the old forum then? :P I kid...

I made the assumption that since everything kept properly formatted before the update, that this was something that could be done. If you are able to figure something out, I would be so very grateful. If not, I understand. Thanks, Tele :) 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

What do you mean "stayed?" Don't you mean "slayed?"

Look at Girls Trip scoring the best PTA in the Top 12. It will probably increase with actuals as it settles in for a healthy run during August.

Well yeah, it did win big. Lol

4 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

apes keeps doing badly :'( 

Yeah it's not doing anything special. Again I thought it was reasonable to expect less than the last movie but I thought less was going to be more like 190mil.

23 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yeah im having a hard time imagining less than 175 and more realistically closer to 185-190. Interstellar is proving to be a good marker

It is not going to gross more than Interstellar. Interstellar had a way better weekend two and an increase weekend four. Dunkirk is not going to see any increases. 

7 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Can we revert back to the old forum then? :P I kid...

I made the assumption that since everything kept properly formatted before the update, that this was something that could be done. If you are able to figure something out, I would be so very grateful. If not, I understand. Thanks, Tele :) 

Peace,

Mike

4.2 was a largish upgrade for Invision and it's broken a variety of things. Some may be fixed with point updates, some might not.

• Like 1