Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

25 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Since we are still talking about it. I do not agree with sex with 15 year olds obviously. However my stance is if thats the law, thats there culture, thats ingrained in the brain. Then we have no reason to treat Luc any different than 40 year olds who fuck 18 year girls (which is gross no doubt, but happens ALL the time).  

Personally Im 24 and I think 18 is too young. Not sure how people do it. I have a sister who is 15. My rule is must be closer to me in age than my sister. 

I should know better than to get involved in this shit, but I kind of agree with this. Part of me that feels like there's not a huge MORAL difference between having sex with an 18 year old and a 15 year old... in fact the moral difference is 3 years exactly, and I guess how big that difference is varies from person to person and culture to culture, but it seems a little drastic to go "18? Totally fine, she's a grown woman. 15?!?! HE'S A PEDOPHILE." I mean as long as we've existed as a species, youth, as well as health, have been the universal signs of beauty in EVERY culture on this planet, and trust me I know how icky this is going to sound, but it's silly to act like all women hit sexual maturity at 18 and not a second sooner, and if you're a pedophile if you go past that line (NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD). Again, that's just how part of me feels and I'm not married to my thoughts on this, the pedophile accusations just seem a little drastic. Someone said it here earlier, half your age plus 7 is a good rule of thumb.

So anyways how about that Dark Tower though?

Edited by MOVIEGUY
  • Like 2

How about we drop the sex with a minor or a teen or whatever, chat.  There's already one user who has expressed being uncomfortable with it, so let's drop it.  Different countries have different laws.  Let's leave it at that.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I should know better than to get involved in this shit, but I kind of agree with this. Part of me that feels like there's not a huge MORAL difference between having sex with an 18 year old and a 15 year old... in fact the moral difference is 3 years exactly, and I guess how big that difference is varies from person to person and culture to culture, but it seems a little drastic to go "18? Totally fine, she's a grown woman. 15?!?! HE'S A PEDOPHILE." I mean as long as we've existed as a species, youth, as well as health, have been the universal signs of beauty in EVERY culture on this planet, and trust me I know how icky this is going to sound, but it's silly to act like all women hit sexual maturity at 18 and not a second sooner, and if you're a pedophile if you go past that line (NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD). Again, that's just how part of me feels and I'm not married to my thoughts on this, the pedophile accusations just seem a little drastic. Someone said it here earlier, half your age plus 7 is a good rule of thumb.

So anyways how about that Dark Tower though?

Well said.

Nobody should feel bad talking about this though. It's a good conversation to have, to stop and compare views on something controversial. I mean, the powers that be who make the laws and stuff have to sit down and hash these things out.

Maybe not the thread though.

I was gonna come in here and make a whole speech about how the topic that was talked about in this thread is wrong and it's not the time or place to talk about such a topic, just so I could get a much of likes. 

Then I realized I was one of the biggest culprits in why this thread turned into a dumpster fire. 

So ive got to save the holier than thou speech for another day because Ive got guilty written on my forehead. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Well said.

Nobody should feel bad talking about this though. It's a good conversation to have, to stop and compare views on something controversial. I mean, the powers that be who make the laws and stuff have to sit down and hash these things out.

Maybe not the thread though.

Exactly.  Not this thread.  

Derailments are one thing but this isn't the place for that kind of talk.  By all means, take it to the sex thread.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the beast said:

RTH will give us numbers in a couple of hours

Maybe.  He's not always here and he's not obligated to do so.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, the beast said:

RTH will give us numbers in a couple of hours

And if I'm throwing out a total wild guess, he might have the movies in the following Sat order...Dunkirk, Dark Tower, Emoji, Spidey, and Girl's Trip...no idea how this order would shake up the overall weekend order:)...

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

I want a 

Luc Besson

Woody Allen

DOR

Bryan Singer

Roman Polanski

Nate Parker

Hollywood Reporter roundtable.

Am I missing anyone here ?

I don’t trust anyone that dates people younger than their children, so add Mel Gibson.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Exactly.  Not this thread.  

Derailments are one thing but this isn't the place for that kind of talk.  By all means, take it to the sex thread.

Sorry baumer, I posted an unfinished post that I finally came back to awhile later so I just now saw your post about moving on.

So, moving on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, back on movies...

As of now, neither of my locals looked like it was dumb enough to book Nut Job Never Again next week...or if they have, they aren't willing to presell it, even less than 1 week out (maybe so they can drop it into the smallest theater for 1 show/day if they actually have it)...so I checked my mall's presales...they have 4 shows for Thursday, starting at 3pm...total number of tickets sold - ZERO!  For Friday sales, they have sold FOUR tickets out of 7 showings (and those 4 tickets were for the 1st show cheapo time)...

To say this is a bad (but probably 100% earned) sign for this movie is probably understating it...animated movies don't presell, but 4 sold tickets for 2 days when you are one of the only theaters preselling this, and for a sequel...if you think this weekend's openers are doing badly...

Since it's Open Road I kinda expected it to be in Regal and AMC only but looking at Fandango I only see presales in AMC.  Interesting if it stays AMC only...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Sheesh.  A lot of you guys know how to fuck up a perfectly good weekend thread.

I don't think I ever seen a good weekend thread especially waiting for weekend numbers :rofl:,  it's not one thing or it's another.

• Like 2