That One Girl

Weak-end Thread | Hitman's Bodyguard 21.6M; Annabelle 15.5M; Logan Lucky 8M; Dunkirk 6.7M | Wonder Woman beats Spider-Man and is now at 404M

Just now, HenryMeyers20 said:

This is an excellent movie, it's ashamed Soderbergh decided to hind LL from most of the public just to prove a point.

The inept marketing is focus on low populated areas and the box office is showing this.

I wonder what he'll do with his horror movie next year

2 minutes ago, HenryMeyers20 said:

This is an excellent movie, it's ashamed Soderbergh decided to hind LL from most of the public just to prove a point.

The inept marketing is focus on low populated areas and the box office is showing this.

I know. I'm gonna catch it tomorrow during a study break with a group of friends. 

I mentioned in this thread how the marketing for this film (specifically just focusing on rural areas) really really let it down. I'm hoping it catches on though via WOM. 

Collider is one of the worst when it comes to running with unsubstantiated rumors and reporting them as facts. Most if the guy's movie opinions consist of "that was so cool when.. " or "this part I didn't understand so it didn't work" and it's something that anyone could have figured out. Awful site and YT channel.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm expecting sub-40 drops for both THB and LL next weekend, so both should be able to hit a 3x. How much higher they go depends on the September competition. 

I'll say 50%for HB and 45% for LL.

I think LL will makeup a little ground Monday-Thursday, because it will attract a more older retired crowd.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm expecting sub-40 drops for both THB and LL next weekend, so both should be able to hit a 3x. How much higher they go depends on the September competition. 

Labor Day Weekend is after that too so they should both see good holds then. 

Then IT comes and it's like say goodnight lol 

But after that I think they're both fine all the way until Kingsman. That's going to be direct competition with both especially THB. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

1. Wonder Woman

2. Spider-Man: Homecoming 

3. Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2

4. Get Out

5. Logan

Haven't watched anything else and I'm aware it's a shame.

Go out and see more movies man!!

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I need to see LESS stuff man, haha. Recovering from The Defenders bingewatch at the moment and I don't even know if I'm going out tonight.

LOL, fair enough. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

Collider is one of the worst when it comes to running with unsubstantiated rumors and reporting them as facts. Most if the guy's movie opinions consist of "that was so cool when.. " or "this part I didn't understand so it didn't work" and it's something that anyone could have figured out. Awful site and YT channel.

I watch them every day. It depends who's on though. It's the best when Kristian, Mark, Schnepp and couple others are on the daily movie talk show. They're just speculating and giving their opinions on all the movie news and information that comes out. I don't always agree with them either but I still like hearing what they have to say. 

Schnepp is my favorite because not only is he knowledgeable about the industry but he's also really funny. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rman823 said:

SLAY MEDUSA ! Wonder Woman who ?ggj6qzj2ce7gksqryl73.gif

Ugh.

UGH.

I was SOOOOO looking forward to a theatrical live-action Inhumans movie.

UGH!!!!!

So much fucking potential!!!

I bet you that MCU would have had another breakout hit with The Inhumans.

Who knows...maybe the TV show will be beyond brilliant and successful... :( 

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Finally saw late night numbers at my theatre for last night. Logan Lucky had our equivalent of a 2.2M OD (not surprising) and HB opened to 11.9M OD (guessing a 26M weekend)

Sweet! Hoping it does well on Saturday :) 

• Like 1