WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

13 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The numbers are so low and boring that Deadline, Variety and THR haven't even bothered to give their usual  1pm PST early reports

Well, every opener under $5M and possibly every movie under $10M is hard to spin into anything but box office bust...

And if we've learned anything from WB this summer, when you've got bad news, wait as long as possible to report it (but when it's good, report it as soon as humanly possible:)...

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Well, every opener under $5M and possibly every movie under $10M is hard to spin into anything but box office bust...

And if we've learned anything from WB this summer, when you've got bad news, wait as long as possible to report it (but when it's good, report it as soon as humanly possible:)...

WB has not had much bad news his summer.

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

WB always report their official numbers late. Even during WWs run, they never had the official figures up till post 2pm on Monday. Their estimates always came in early, but the actual reporting has been the last among studios this entire summer. Not sure where you are getting that inference from.

• Like 2

3RD UPDATE, Friday: As East Texas runs for cover from Hurricane Harvey and America plans their Saturday evening around Mayweather-McGregor, Lionsgate’s The Hitman’s Bodyguard will be lucky to crack $10M at No. 1. Currently it’s looking at $8M-$9.5M off midday estimates with a second Friday of  $2.6M-$3M.

Weinstein Co.’s Leap! is the best of the new product, which isn’t saying much, with $1.7M today and $4.8M for the weekend. BH Tilt’s Birth of the Dragon looks to clear $1M today and then $2.75M over three. Sony Affirm’s All Saints is looking at $1M-$2M for the weekend at 846 sites. These figures could fluctuate wildly depending on the severity of Harvey.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

3RD UPDATE, Friday: As East Texas runs for cover from Hurricane Harvey and America plans their Saturday evening around Mayweather-McGregor, Lionsgate’s The Hitman’s Bodyguard will be lucky to crack $10M at No. 1. Currently it’s looking at $8M-$9.5M off midday estimates with a second Friday of  $2.6M-$3M.

Weinstein Co.’s Leap! is the best of the new product, which isn’t saying much, with $1.7M today and $4.8M for the weekend. BH Tilt’s Birth of the Dragon looks to clear $1M today and then $2.75M over three. Sony Affirm’s All Saints is looking at $1M-$2M for the weekend at 846 sites. These figures could fluctuate wildly depending on the severity of Harvey.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Making that subtitle with the September releases made me think about how I could fit Kingsman in there (obviously I didn't). Honestly, I feel like marketing peaked a while ago. It is sucking up all the September buzz right now with a bit of mother! buzz sprinkled here or there, but I'm not seeing Kingsman pop up anywhere lately. Even American Made has more buzz than Kingsman because of reviews and being out overseas. Hell, if we go by Twitter numbers, even American Assassin is ahead of Kingsman. BOP might be pretty close with their prediction if Fox doesn't get marketing back on track.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Making that subtitle with the September releases made me think about how I could fit Kingsman in there (obviously I didn't). Honestly, I feel like marketing peaked a while ago. It is sucking up all the September buzz right now with a bit of mother! buzz sprinkled here or there, but I'm not seeing Kingsman pop up anywhere lately. Even American Made has more buzz than Kingsman because of reviews and being out overseas. Hell, if we go by Twitter numbers, even American Assassin is ahead of Kingsman. BOP might be pretty close with their prediction if Fox doesn't get marketing back on track.

they just did a promotion involving the eclipse 

The Hitman's Bodyguard is slightly lower than Let's Be Cops in comparative dailies, and about 5M behind it running total as LBC started 2 days before the weekend. LBC was just barely over 1M on the coming Monday, so there is a good chance that we won't have a single movie making more than 1M on Monday, and by extension for about 6 of the next 8 weekdays. Looking over the past 4 years, the only comparable stretch will be post-LD in 2013 when Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of the first week of September had all movies less than 1M. 

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

The Hitman's Bodyguard is slightly lower than Let's Be Cops in comparative dailies, and about 5M behind it running total as LBC started 2 days before the weekend. LBC was just barely over 1M on the coming Monday, so there is a good chance that we won't have a single movie making more than 1M on Monday, and by extension for about 6 of the next 8 weekdays. Looking over the past 4 years, the only comparable stretch will be post-LD in 2013 when Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of the first week of September had all movies less than 1M. 

Audiences to Summer 2017's box office:

tpo.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2