WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

While we're on this topic, a user on Awards Watch heard Golden Circle is to the first as MIB2 is to MIB. That's..... not very encouraging.

I think it'll open well but it's dissapointing if it's indeed worse than the first film. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slicknickshady said:

I mean you have so many social media celebs tweeting about how great Leap! Is. Weinstein should have put that money to other use. 

I have a hard time time believing The Rock and Kardashians saw it. Lol. 

Why wouldn't Kim Kardashian or The Rock see Leap? They probably watched it with their young daughters.

It's just as well that Dane DeHaan's voice work in Leap got replaced, he's going to have enough flops this year as it is.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Making that subtitle with the September releases made me think about how I could fit Kingsman in there (obviously I didn't). Honestly, I feel like marketing peaked a while ago. It is sucking up all the September buzz right now with a bit of mother! buzz sprinkled here or there, but I'm not seeing Kingsman pop up anywhere lately. Even American Made has more buzz than Kingsman because of reviews and being out overseas. Hell, if we go by Twitter numbers, even American Assassin is ahead of Kingsman. BOP might be pretty close with their prediction if Fox doesn't get marketing back on track.

I feel glad I'm not the only one thinking the same way. Marketing and buzz feels non-existent. Yeah, the first trailer played in front of a bunch of movies, but there's nothing else happening.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Right now I'm going with 45/120 for Kingsman. It'll satisfy the needs of those looking for an action blockbuster, but I don't know how long it'll last with the amount of releases hogging up screens in October.

I think Kingsman would have slayed in August but the plus side, this will likely be the biggest September of all time thanks to IT, Kingsman, Ninjago and maybe mother!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Why wouldn't Kim Kardashian or The Rock see Leap? They probably watched it with their young daughters.

It's just as well that Dane DeHaan's voice work in Leap got replaced, he's going to have flops this year as it is.

Is it a plus when your voice over work is replaced in a movie that's projected to open under $5m?  It cost money to replace him but they felt they needed to even though they didn't apparently feel they needed money to market the movie...

Edited by TalismanRing

Just now, MrGamer2558 said:

So, I didn't know what Leap was and I watched the trailer. Seriously, what the fuck was that? :sadben:

I love trailers that announce the actors in them like Leap and Kidnap. Like, way to go back a few decades!

27 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yeah, Kingsman's buzz seems muted. Could see it being one of those under performing sequels to well liked movies.

I agree. It wouldn't surprise me if it did around the lower $100M's. I'm guessing it'll have a $50M/$125M-$130M run, I'm thinking it and Ninjago will be close in grosses.

Edited by YourMother
  • Astonished 2

41 minutes ago, grim22 said:

3RD UPDATE, Friday: As East Texas runs for cover from Hurricane Harvey and America plans their Saturday evening around Mayweather-McGregor, Lionsgate’s The Hitman’s Bodyguard will be lucky to crack $10M at No. 1. Currently it’s looking at $8M-$9.5M off midday estimates with a second Friday of  $2.6M-$3M.

Weinstein Co.’s Leap! is the best of the new product, which isn’t saying much, with $1.7M today and $4.8M for the weekend. BH Tilt’s Birth of the Dragon looks to clear $1M today and then $2.75M over three. Sony Affirm’s All Saints is looking at $1M-$2M for the weekend at 846 sites. These figures could fluctuate wildly depending on the severity of Harvey.

So, exactly what I posted above...bad news all around - no movie over $10M and no new movie over $5M...so, it's late...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I love trailers that announce the actors in them like Leap and Kidnap. Like, way to go back a few decades!

Aw fuck me, Mel Brooks is in this too? What does Harvey have on him? 

Edited by MrGamer2558
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I remember when Captain Underpants was supposed to be counter programing and it did fine for it's low budget but in no way harmed Wonder Woman, it got slaughtered by Wonder Woman as a matter of fact. The Star will suffer the same fate releasing under Justice League.

Some thought CU would do $40-50m! OW The Star with likely worse reviews will be lucky to do half of what CU did on its OW.

Edited by Jonwo

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Some thought CU would do $40-50m! OW The Star with likely worse reviews will be lucky to do half of what CU did on its OW.

You know just @ me. Yes, I did considering Dreamworks hot streak for CU and I thought The Star could bank on the holiday season and being a Christmas film. Excuse me for having opinions.

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

You know just @ me. Yes, I did considering Dreamworks hot streak for CU and I thought The Star could bank on the holiday season and being a Christmas film. Excuse me for having opinions.

CU finally got the Certified Fresh label on RT 3 weeks ago, basically as it ended its domestic run. It was sitting lower than the required number of reviews for 2 months :rofl: 

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

CU finally got the Certified Fresh label on RT 3 weeks ago, basically as it ended its domestic run. It was sitting lower than the required number of reviews for 2 months :rofl: 

:sadben: (Still if there's one thing this summer has taught me is that not all major animated films will cross $100M even if it's a brand name.)