WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

19 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Not defending the movie, but the Alien franchise simply isn't that big of a draw. It was always going to be downhill after Prometheus.

This franchise needed a breath of fresh air, Ridley clearly doesn't know how to tell it's story without looking redundant anymore, Alien: Covenant should had be directed by Blomkamp, a different vision is what this franchise needed to be on the eyes of GP again, too bad that he probably will never be able to give us his vision of the franchise.

The OW numbers showed that this franchise still has a lot of interest, but it's always going to crush and burn after the OW if they don't stop giving us the same thing all over again (and in an inferior way).

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Jonah-Hill-Sick-Reference-Bro-This-Is-Th

I agree that this is probably the last we see of Ridley Scott in the Alienverse. What he wants to explore and what audiences want to see are 2 completely different things.

And that is so sad since a prometheus-trilogy would probably surpass the original Alien movie -- which i still believe is one of the 30 greats. 

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I originally had THB dropping 55% in my Derby but went "Nah, that has to be too harsh, right?" and lowered it to 50%. Big mistake :sadben: 

I predicted a 52% drop, so somewhere in the middle, but I'm still fucked. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Holy fuck, James Cameron is being trashed on Twitter right now. 

I would say it's wrong that everyone is trashing him, but it's such a nice change of pace to see something DCEU related being defended instead of being the attacked.

Im petty like that.

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Holy fuck, James Cameron is being trashed on Twitter right now. 

@IronJimbo @Kalel009Shel

2 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

I would say it's wrong that everyone is trashing him, but it's such a nice change of pace to see something DCEU related being defended instead of being the attacked.

Im petty like that.

Kinda petty

23 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

More reason than ever to see Wind River and/or The Big Sick this weekend, if you haven't already.

If Weinstein and AMC didn't torture me, I would have seen it by now. Instead, I have to wait another week :sadben: 

After this weekend Leap looks like it will be around 63 million worldwide on a 30 million budget. It's at 58 million WW according to Mojo. Numbers has it at 48 million WW but they didn't update for a bit. 

All i I know is it's not getting a sequel. Director is already in the middle of next film.