baumer

Top 25 films of 1997 (Countdown will begin Sunday Nov. 26th at Noon EST 9AM PST)

Good Will Hunting is about a Flawless dude? That is a pretty ridiculous statement as Will Hunting in that film is anything but flawless. He's pretty much the definition of flawed.

• Like 3

I know it comes off as pretentious when someone says that you can't be a true film fan if you don't like Shawshank Redemption, but I feel pretty comfortable in saying that. I just don't get it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, slambros said:

My high school biology teacher showed us this film, actually. I appreciated it for what it was and thought it could use the support on a list like this.

I'll try to catch up on a lot of stuff before I submit my list but it will be very likely be my number one or at least two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I know it comes off as pretentious when someone says that you can't be a true film fan if you don't like Shawshank Redemption, but I feel pretty comfortable in saying that. I just don't get it.

I like you, Baumer. Your posts amuse me.

Edited by Goffe
  • Thanks 1

I was so excited for 1997 as the film adaptation of one of the best books I have ever read was coming to theaters and it was being directed by Clint Eastwood and was starring two terrific actors at the time - John Cusack and Kevin Spacey. I attended an opening day screening of Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil and I was disappointed. The film itself is fine and I enjoyed it; but it nowhere as monumentally entertaining as the book. Hopefully someone will remake the film, perhaps as a six episode TV series, as the book is an absolute masterpiece from the 20th century.

• Like 1

Something like: 

1. Starship Troopers
2. The Sweet Hereafter
3. Boogie Nights
4. Con Air
5. L.A. Confidential
6. The Game
7. Breakdown
8. Jackie Brown
9. Face/Off
10. Chasing Amy