baumer

Top 25 films of 1997 (Countdown will begin Sunday Nov. 26th at Noon EST 9AM PST)

4 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

I'd amend this to THE LOST WORLD ORIGINAL SCORE BY JOHN WILLIAMS

I think may actually prefer this over the Jurassic Park theme.  Has a King Kong / Hatari jungle danger feel of adventure to it, which I dig. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

58 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Spielberg's worst is probably Hook.  Going by personal preference though I'd say Lincoln only cause the subject matter isn't interesting to me in the slightest.  It's very well made but it's just not my kind of movie.

this is legit garbage.

The Trailer set piece is best action set piece in ANY Jurassic Park movie. its  a better set piece than any new blockbusters since Fury Road.

Honestly that scene has some of the best directing . Its jaw dropping. make my top 10 set pieces of all time. Its 13 minutes. 13 minutes of non stop tension. Its a master class in filmmaking and directing.... Maybe not scripting or the story people wanted. But from a craft start point its fantastic. 

Each action beat in the this set piece revolve around actually goals too. No random fighting, the tension doesn't come from being cool, it comes from constant time bombs going off at once in the scene.  Not only is the rope falling loose but the glass breaking and the truck going off the edge and he has to tow the trailer, and the rope falls again, and the T-rex is coming back, theres even more than that. its non stop. 

Im sorry i know you guys say it sucks, but again if this is bad filming LOL. Imagine any other director shooting this scene. When I'm watching a movie I can see all the TERRIBLE or normal ways most people would handle and cut this sequence. 

Heres a 2 min clip  - Directing class. just look the 3rd  shot in the clip. Its 3 shots, 3 shots in one. 99% of directors would cover that with 3 angles or if they did a oner it would feel it, it would be flashy. The Bergs direction is sooooooo good you don't even notice. Its so natural every cut and and every shot is on point, dynamic. 

this clip is maybe even the weakest part of the set piece. Its legit like 5- 6 action beats on top of one another.  We have the Glass, The T-rex attack twice, Eddie has to set up the rope around the tree first, and so forth.  Honestly this clip doesn't even show the best shots of this scene....

Dat Score too its all amazing love 2:26 not on the sound track :(

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 2