CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

7 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm really curious to see how the WOM is going to be for this movie, it seems to be getting really divisive opinions, while most of Horror crowd didn't like the fact that it wasn't scary at all, that's the exactly reason why the GP is loving it, I wonder which voice will scream louder? 

The general public. Nobody gives a fuck about horror fans.

Edited by AJG

8 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm really curious to see how the WOM is going to be for this movie, it seems to be getting really divisive opinions, while most of Horror crowd didn't like the fact that it wasn't scary at all, that's the exactly reason why the GP is loving it, I wonder which voice will scream louder? 

Huge horror fan. Definitely thought there was some creepy imagery here not involving CGI. Easily the best of the year in that regard. Maybe last year too outside The Neon Demon (but that was more visually striking due to the colors...not really creepy) and the Beware The Slenderman documentary (that story is so disturbing).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Most the horror groups I go to on Facebook seem to be praising IT.

Go on Twitter, dude, and you'll see comments like: "Is this a Horror movie?", "It wasn't even scary", or "It was more a comedy movie than a Horror movie" appearing quite a lot, although, fortunately most of comment are praising it.  

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Go on Twitter, dude, and you'll see comments like: "Is this a Horror movie?", "It wasn't even scary", or "It was more a comedy movie than a Horror movie" appearing quite a lot, although, fortunately most of comment are praising it.  

Negative comments are out there for literally any movie. A ton of people who take gratitude by not liking anything..

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

There's a fair amount of "fine" reactions on here, especially from book fans. What @Jake Gittes and a couple others were saying about the editing has me worried because I agree with Jake on films about 95% of the time :kitschjob: 

Listen to me then. It is a A-

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, The Pumpkin Spice Panda said:

That OD looks pretty possible but the OW will probably be a bit under.

6 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I would say 10%. Maybe less. It would have to be extreeemely frontloaded based on the presales it got.

:gold:

10 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

It looks like the type of Horror movie that could attract people who don't love horror to the crowd.

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Listen to me then. It is a A-

I could give a long review but overall agree with that score (A-).  I'm a huge book fan and the IT miniseries scared the heck out of me when I was 9 so I'm in the middle of the nostalgia crowd.  I took 5 of my IT-naive younger cousins and wife (dragged) and everyone really liked it and will be watching again