grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

18 hours ago, firedeep said:

I think it's real her

It's more likely her stunt double. Didn't Larson overhype her own stunts so that she had to correct the mistake by bringing her 2 stuntwomen to MTV Movie Awards? Nice gesture but still, actors should not act like they can do what professional athletes can. there's no shame in that. Actors act, stunt doubles do stunts. Even rare exceptions such as Cruise and real life martial artists (Statham, the Rock, Hongkong action heroes) still have stunt doubles for type of stunts they are not trained for. 

Edited by Valonqar

On 7/23/2019 at 11:12 AM, Nero said:

Perfectly said.... Not only Baywatch but every single rock movie which has under performed he convinces Twitter that its blockbuster

I’ve always believed Vin Diesel wasn’t the only one at fault here for the feud. Dwayne Johnson doesn’t respect the family element of the Fast franchise because he himself has too much of an ego issue.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 7:33 PM, Minnale101 said:

stressed what more do you want from me GIF

I know one one man who’s happy to hear this news 

A little too early to celebrate. Let’s wait to see how Fast 9 performs.

The regular F&F movies have more heart than the usual Dwayne Johnson movies, though, and that may give Fast 9 an edge over H&S, which is being made out to be a regular Dwayne Johnson movie surrounding his F&F role.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I wonder if Statham is the guy who's awkwardly in the middle of the drama between The Rock and the rest of the Fast crew lol. Of has he chosen a side?

Helen Mirren’s presence in both H&S and Fast 9 probably suggests a Statham return in Fast 10, but maybe not the Rock, unless he gets the stick out of his butt.

Just now, Jay Beezy said:

Helen Mirren’s presence in both H&S and Fast 9 probably suggests a Statham return in Fast 10, but maybe not the Rock, unless he gets the stick out of his butt.

Maybe I haven't followed the situation enough but isn't the issue mostly with the Fast crew, who don't like that the Rock is getting a spin-off?

Just now, JB33 said:

Maybe I haven't followed the situation enough but isn't the issue mostly with the Fast crew, who don't like that the Rock is getting a spin-off?

Maybe. Vin Diesel was in PR mode when H&S was announced saying it was for the best to allow Dwayne Johnson to get the spinoff he wanted. It was really only Tyrese complaining openly about it.

1 minute ago, Jay Beezy said:

Maybe. Vin Diesel was in PR mode when H&S was announced saying it was for the best to allow Dwayne Johnson to get the spinoff he wanted. It was really only Tyrese complaining openly about it.

Gotcha. Thanks. Thinking I better read up on all the details. Seems I'm getting a lot of the facts wrong. I'm going to be pretty disappointed if The Rock is out of Fast 10 (I know he's already out of Fast 9). Let's face it: he elevated the franchise. He got me interested anyway. That's not to say I don't appreciate the original crew either. 

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Gotcha. Thanks. Thinking I better read up on all the details. Seems I'm getting a lot of the facts wrong. I'm going to be pretty disappointed if The Rock is out of Fast 10 (I know he's already out of Fast 9). Let's face it: he elevated the franchise. He got me interested anyway. That's not to say I don't appreciate the original crew either. 

He did elevate the franchise, but he is not the only thing people care about with this franchise despite what some would have you believe. I would wager most fans of the franchise want them to work out whatever problems they have. They don't want to take sides, which is why I think both H&S and Fast 9 will suffer BO wise.

7 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

I just want them to get back to racing cars. Seems like franchise is becoming mission impossible with cars 

In my opinion, going larger than life and having a more grandiose, "franchis-y" story arc to it is what turned it into a franchise. I'm not saying going back to racing cars is necessarily a bad thing, just that it wouldn't have nearly the box office power.

I, for one, had zero interest in the franchise when it was just macho guys racing cars. Once the Rock came in + the story became bigger is when I took notice.

All that to say, different strokes I guess. 

• Like 2