grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

16 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

I just want them to get back to racing cars. Seems like franchise is becoming mission impossible with cars 

8 hours ago, JB33 said:

had zero interest in the franchise when it was just macho guys racing cars. Once the Rock came in + the story became bigger is when I took notice.

All that to say, different strokes I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Vertical distance wasn't the only factor. The most relevant comparison was Owen Shaw who got tossed from the plane but still survived.

The plane tossed him off?

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Same. I've been getting a not good feeling about this movie for a while now.

One of the major things that I think might be a factor in a drop would probably be the amount of comedy that is being advertised front and center in the film. This is a film that is so aware of what it is that there's no sincerity to draw people in. The main franchise has at least made room for moments of sincerity.

Another reason is that both Once Upon a Time and The Farewell will be vying for the adult audience. If people decide they want to see a film where suspension of disbelief hasn't already been severed by the marketing, then they just might choose those other options.

HOWEVER. If there's any reason why I would want this film to be a modest hit at the very least, it's for Vanessa Kirby's sake. I looked on her IMDb page, and she's the lead role of two films in pre-production that seem like they could be very good on paper. If this outright bombs, the people funding those projects might think twice before allowing those projects to start filming. Maybe. I don't know. I just think Vanessa Kirby has a lot of potential as a star, and it'd be a shame for a bomb to throw other projects off course.

30 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

One of the major things that I think might be a factor in a drop would probably be the amount of comedy that is being advertised front and center in the film. This is a film that is so aware of what it is that there's no sincerity to draw people in. The main franchise has at least made room for moments of sincerity.

Another reason is that both Once Upon a Time and The Farewell will be vying for the adult audience. If people decide they want to see a film where suspension of disbelief hasn't already been severed by the marketing, then they just might choose those other options.

HOWEVER. If there's any reason why I would want this film to be a modest hit at the very least, it's for Vanessa Kirby's sake. I looked on her IMDb page, and she's the lead role of two films in pre-production that seem like they could be very good on paper. If this outright bombs, the people funding those projects might think twice before allowing those projects to start filming. Maybe. I don't know. I just think Vanessa Kirby has a lot of potential as a star, and it'd be a shame for a bomb to throw other projects off course.

I don’t see how this movie bombing would affect Vanessa Kirby’s career in anyway considering she’s not front/center of the marketing for this movie. I actually completely forgot she was in this movie considering the marketing has focused on The Rock, Statham and Elba. Hell I know more about the cameos in this movie than Kirby being in it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SLAM! said:

I think you are 100% underestimating people’s love of camp and bad films. I am not looking for “moments of sincerity”; I am looking for Ridiculous action set pieces. 

• Like 4