grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

10 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

They are all criminals. Even the cop ( Brian ) became one of them.  Dom has always been a criminal. When criminals mess up with other criminals, bad things happen.

Statham's character was trying to avenge his brother. Anyway, he helped Dom by saving his kid later.

I don't think Statham is part of the family. I mean, why does he get his own movie if he's now part of the crew? He's not in Dom's family.

Shaw was at the BBQ in Fast 9. They ate ribs together. Using F&F logic: this means they’re family. Maybe closer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AJG said:

Shaw was at the BBQ in Fast 9. They ate ribs together. Using F&F logic: this means they’re family. Maybe closer.

Probably because he saved Dom's kid, but it's obvious the team is not "ok" with Statham being in the family. That's why he now has his own movie.

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Probably because he saved Dom's kid, but it's obvious the team is not "ok" with Statham being in the family. That's why he now has his own movie.

Which Dom entrusted him to do so in the first place.

Edited by MrPink

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Sharing BBQ with another man means that man is now family. 

You don’t eat BBQ with everybody. We’re not animals.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, AJG said:

Sharing BBQ with another man means that man is now family. 

You don’t eat BBQ with everybody. We’re not animals.

I was invited for a BBQ without being part of someone's family. I was invited as a friend.

Like I said, Dom is a criminal and he almost killed Statham's brother. I guess they're now even.

Shaw has his own film now, he might be in the family just in theory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

They are all criminals. Even the cop ( Brian ) became one of them.  Dom has always been a criminal. When criminals mess up with other criminals, bad things happen.

Statham's character was trying to avenge his brother. Anyway, he helped Dom by saving his kid later.

I don't think Statham is part of the family. I mean, why does he get his own movie if he's now part of the crew? He's not in Dom's family.

Yeah they're all criminals, but to me that's a situation where - at best - you call it even and walk away from each other. Having a kumbiya dinner all together was just silly. 

Shaw is a bad ass. They should have kept him as the villain and not even bothered having him rescue Dom's kid. I guess that's what I'm saying. They messed this up even before Shaw did Dom a solid so that doesn't do anything for me.

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

he has his own movie because his and Hobbs' chemistry together was the one great thing about the last one, so that means The Rock got custody of him in his divorce with Vin.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Was the most annoying part of The Fate of the Furious for me, even if I generally had fun with the movie. In these stories it's like no matter what you do, if you're badass enough you'll eventually earn the family's respect and become one of them. So stupid. I accept the craziness of the series in general, but come on, give me better writing than that. That's lazy and just too stupid.

I mean every character has definitely killed people in previous movies. I'm sure Charlize will be back and be welcomed into the family somehow 

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

he has his own movie because his and Hobbs' chemistry together was the one great thing about the last one, so that means The Rock got custody of him in his divorce with Vin.

They jumped through a crazy amount of hoops in F8 to pretend The Rock and Vin Diesel were actually filming their scenes at the same time, and still couldn't make it convincing.

• Haha 1

To think people assumed the Rock/Vin feud was a publicity stunt.

May I remind you Diesel sabotaged one of the biggest european production of all time ?

Director was a tool too tho.

Movie ended up being directed by insurance company suits, not even studio/production suits.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

To think people assumed the Rock/Vin feud was a publicity stunt.

May I remind you Diesel sabotaged one of the biggest european production of all time ?

Director was a tool too tho.

Movie ended up being directed by insurance company suits, not even studio/production suits.

What movie was that?

6 minutes ago, UserHN said:

So H&S isn't looking so hot domestic? Anyway, I expect this to do gangbusters OS especially in China. What's the consensus worldwide prediction in this thread? $700M+?

Like 150 DOM+200 China+350 rest imo.