aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

If MLP follows Boss Baby:

3M

3.9M

2.8M

9.7M Weekend

Storks:

3.8M

6.2M

4M

14M Weekend

There's a lot of ways MLP can go, but it'll probably hit 10M at least.

If MBU follows Home Again:

4.1M

4.7M

2.6M

11.4M Weekend

Girl on the Train:

3.1M

3.2M

1.9M

8.2M Weekend

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, raegr said:

I think this has a solid shot at $50M and here's why...

Let's look at the target demographic for Blade Runner, the GA, older audiences and Ryan Gosling fans + cinephiles who loved the original.

The older audiences will most likely not see until later in the weekend. It's mostly the cinephiles and nerds who are seeing this on preview night, that's why I think this will be much more backloaded than expected...

$56.4M 

It is also super long. That doesn't play well for Thursday night movies. I don't think there is a good comp for this. I expect it to overperform these preview numbers pretty massively.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I say this will be frontloaded over the weekend for two main reasons:

1) Fanboy property/franchise

2) Mixed WOM (due to pacing and legnth)

Eh you'd be surprised. Most people I've talked to who have no interest in it is BECAUSE they love the original movie. They don't want to see it "ruined'.

• Sad 1

Runtimes without credits and attachments for next week:

Marshall: 1:53. Attachments unknown.

The Foreigner: 1:47. Attachments are Den of Thieves and Molly's Game.

Happy Death Day: 1:30. Attachments are Insidious, Pitch Perfect, and Thoroughbreds.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Runtimes without credits and attachments for next week:

Marshall: 1:53. Attachments unknown.

The Foreigner: 1:47. Attachments are Den of Thieves and Molly's Game.

Happy Death Day: 1:30. Attachments are Insidious, Pitch Perfect, and Thoroughbreds.

That's the Anya Taylor-Joy/Olivia Cooke/Anton Yelchin (his last) movie from Sundance. Still doesn't have a release date. Possibly a first quarter 2018 release?

Anyway @WrathOfHan:

11x:

Geostorm: Kong: Skull Island, Life, Wonder Woman, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Spider-Man: Homecoming, War for the Planet of the Apes 4K, Transformers: The Last Knight, 47 Meters Down, The Big Sick Round 2, Megan Leavey, Blade Runner

8x:

Pitch Perfect 3: Baby Driver, Despicable Me 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming, War for the Planet of the Apes 4K, The Big Sick, Spider-Man: Homecoming Round 2, The Big Sick Round 2, Girls Trip
Blade Runner 2049: Wonder Woman, Dunkirk IMAX, The Glass Castle, War for the Planet of the Apes Round 2, Good Time, Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D, Dunkirk Round 2, mother!
Coco: Beauty and the Beast, Beauty and the Beast Round 2, Cars 3, Despicable Me 3, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast 1991, Mulan, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Tangled
Justice League: Dunkirk IMAX, Wonder Woman Round 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming Round 2, Detroit, Dunkirk Round 2, It, The Hitman’s Bodyguard, Blade Runner

6x:

Ferdinand: The Boss Baby, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul, Captain Underpants, Cars 3, Despicable Me 3, The Emoji Movie
The Mountain Between Us: Wonder Woman Round 3, The Glass Castle, Detroit, Annabelle: Creation, Brigsby Bear, Girls Trip

5x:

The Foreigner: Baby Driver, Detroit, Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D, Dunkirk Round 2, The Dark Tower
A Bad Moms Christmas: The Big Sick, Atomic Blonde, Annabelle: Creation, Girls Trip, It
Daddy’s Home 2: Transformers: The Last Knight, War for the Planet of the Apes Round 2, The Big Sick Round 2, Girls Trip, The LEGO Ninjago Movie

4x:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Round 2, Dunkirk IMAX
Thor: Ragnarok: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Round 2, Wonder Woman Round 3, Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri: Free Fire, A Ghost Story, Good Time, Wind River
Murder on the Orient Express: Wonder Woman, It Comes At Night, War for the Planet of the Apes Round 2, It
The Snowman: Atomic Blonde, Dunkirk Round 2, Wind River, mother!
My Little Pony: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul, Captain Underpants, The Emoji Movie, The LEGO Ninjago Movie

3x:

Death Wish: Detroit, Annabelle: Creation, Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D
Thank You for Your Service: A Ghost Story, The Glass Castle, The Dark Tower
Happy Death Day: Annabelle: Creation, 47 Meters Down, It
Suburbicon: Good Time, Wind River, mother!
Olaf’s Frozen Adventure: The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast 1991, Mulan
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle: Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Homecoming Round 2, The LEGO Ninjago Movie

2x:

Deadpool 2: Logan, Logan Round 2
The Florida Project: Brigsby Bear, Good Time
Professor Marston and the Wonder Women: Wonder Woman, The Dark Tower
The Shape of Water: War for the Planet of the Apes Round 2, mother!
Molly’s Game: Logan Lucky, mother!
Black Panther: The Hitman’s Bodyguard, mother!

1x:

The Greatest Showman: Despicable Me 3
Marshall: War for the Planet of the Apes 4K
The Star: The Emoji Movie
A Wrinkle in Time: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
Darkest Hour: Atomic Blonde
Wonder: The Glass Castle
Only the Brave: Detroit
Call Me by Your Name: Brigsby Bear
Novitiate: Brigsby Bear
Breathe: Logan Lucky
The Killing of a Sacred Deer: Good Time
Same Kind of Different as Me: Megan Leavey
Forever My Girl: Megan Leavey
Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2
Proud Mary: Girls Trip
The Current War: Wind River
Polaroid: Wind River
Ready Player One: It
Boo 2! A Madea Halloween: The Hitman’s Bodyguard
Downsizing: mother!
Paddington 2: The LEGO Ninjago Movie
Isle of Dogs: The LEGO Ninjago Movie

• Thanks 1

Nut Job 2 did 330k previews and 8.34m ow but that was a sequel. So My Little Pony one could do 8.5-9.5m even with smaller previews (290k).

Would't be surprised if it legs it to 3.5x+ (like The Emoji Movie) with that ow for 30-35m dom. Nut Job 2 itself did 3.4x.

Anyone know the prod budget?

Edited by a2knet

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Hmm this sounds like a strange deal. 

Why would WB pay for 4,000 locations to get 10%? Plus why would WB be interested? 

Anymore info on this anywhere? 

With digital release being more and more the norm, does you have to pay for 4,000 locations more than for 3,500, or the more theater that accept to play your movie the better without adding necessarily much to the cost ?

I would also be interest to a 10% (and not the 20 or 30) type of deal info, same for Paramount 8-9% on those marvel distribution, at those price I imagine the producer pay for all the P&A ?

Because 10% of 53% of the box office is not a lot, even on a 150m gross, around 7.95m and a movie like this had a 30m+ domestic P&A.

Edited by Barnack

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Nut Job 2 did 330k previews and 8.34m ow but that was a sequel. So My Little Pony one could do 8.5-9.5m even with smaller previews (290k).

Would't be surprised if it legs it to 3.5x+ (like The Emoji Movie) with that ow for 30-35m dom.

School was also out in many areas for Nut Job as well.

29 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If MLP follows Boss Baby:

3M

3.9M

2.8M

9.7M Weekend

Storks:

3.8M

6.2M

4M

14M Weekend

There's a lot of ways MLP can go, but it'll probably hit 10M at least.

I'm skeptical MLP can get to $10 million.  Its opening days are fan driven, and when compared to most animated movies, MLP skews much more heavily towards a girl audience, and mostly excludes a boy audience.  Most other animated films would try to bring in an equal amount of boys and girls if possible.  That means quick drop offs in its opening days and in its second weekend are likely for MLP, when compared to the box office numbers of recent animated films.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

School was also out in many areas for Nut Job as well.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

My Little Pony is looking to land in the $8-10M range for the weekend, which is where I always thought it would land.

:lol:

AUDIENCE SCORE 

92%

liked it

Average Rating: 4.5/5

User Ratings: 2,458

Telling you, 10m, 4x, 40m dom incoming. If it beats Smurfs3, SPA should shoot themselves in the face.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Would't be surprised if it legs it to 3.5x+ (like The Emoji Movie) with that ow for 30-35m dom. Nut Job 2 itself did 3.4x.

4chan posted rumors of $65M...but that seems high (although I haven't seen the movie) - that might also be a gross number before tax credits...

• Astonished 1