Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: BOM || Happy Death Day: $26.5M || Blade Runner: $15.1M || The Foreigner: $12.8M || IT: $6M || Annabelle: Creation at $300m WW

With Polaroid's imminent pull from the schedule/sale to another studio, Thanksgiving is going to be left with only Coco and Chappaquiddick for wide releases. Lady Bird was always scheduled to go "wide" over this period, but A24 should have no trouble getting it into 1,500-2,000 theaters at the very least. It feels a bit early for Three Billboards to expand, but I wouldn't rule that out either. Hell, maybe Focus cans Darkest Hour's limited release and goes wide out of the gate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

With Polaroid's imminent pull from the schedule/sale to another studio, Thanksgiving is going to be left with only Coco and Chappaquiddick for wide releases. Lady Bird was always scheduled to go "wide" over this period, but A24 should have no trouble getting it into 1,500-2,000 theaters at the very least. It feels a bit early for Three Billboards to expand, but I wouldn't rule that out either. Hell, maybe Focus cans Darkest Hour's limited release and goes wide out of the gate.

Will be great for holdovers for sure. November is pretty well spaced in terms of releases, almost every release targets different audiences.

• Like 2

BOP predictions and TCs: http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-just-getting-started/

Just Getting Started: 8/36

Geostorm: 12/27.8 (+9%)

OTB: 13/44.6 (-7%)

Same Kind of Different: 3.75/10 (-8%)

Madea: 22/57 (-8/2%)

Jigsaw: 15/32.2 (+15%)

Thor: 105/269 (+5/+8%)

Jigsaw: 3,000

Suburbicon: 2,900

Thank You: 2,000

Same Kind of Different: 1,200 (they still have Snowman at 2,800)

btw it looks like The Man Who Invented Christmas is going wide over Thanksgiving

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I care, too. It is following the same pattern of other Horror breakouts of this year (Split/GO/IT), good WOM will carry it during the Weekend, and will make it finish above these estimates, like always happens with well received Horror movies. 

Not slowing down.  Day over day increase in Google trends is just crazy - now triple yesterday's peak.  Seeing sellouts in this area now...think you're gonna end up right on target with this one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Did people really believe that a film like Professor Marston and the Wonder Women was going to make money just because Wonder Woman was a success? 

I think it has a chance at making a small little profit? Can't imagine it was too expensive to make.

Holy fuck, Happy Death Day was fucking great.

One of my fave experiences this year at cinema, tons of fun, teens are going to eat it up, finally a Horror movie aimed to this demo that is actually great.

Jessica Roth was amazing, she’s going to have a bright future.

I can see numbers increasing during the whole weekend, it is extremely crowd pleaser, it’s just pure fun, WOM will be great.

Such an amazing end of year for the genre! 

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It depends on how much they spent on the budget, the marketing and everything else.

They spent nothing on marketing. The film has a tiny budget too. The director said she wished she had more money. 

• Like 1