Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Just get ellen back and call it a day.

She is one of the few comedians that checks all the sjw boxes but is still well liked by the broader public and is actually a good host

It was revealed a few years back that she was offered to return the following year and she didn’t want to come back. Article was posted a few days ago in Hollywood Reporter right before Hart was hired that being the host of the Oscars has become the least wanted gig in the entire industry, and this mess is only gonna make famous names even less inclined to pick it up. Watch Billy Crystal come and save the day again lmao.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It was revealed a few years back that she was offered to return the following year and she didn’t want to come back. Article was posted a few days ago in Hollywood Reporter right before Hart was hired that being the host of the Oscars has become the least wanted gig in the entire industry, and this mess is only gonna make famous names even less inclined to pick it up. Watch Billy Crystal come and save the day again lmao.

Well it seems we have purity tests for everything these days.

Like I was against Gay Marriage until 2006 as my religious conservative upbringing really kept me away from even knowing a gay person personally till I went to University and then my attitudes changed.

Now I have gay friends and coworkers and routinely call out homophobia from my relatives and friends.

but I have a feeling some people on the twitter mobsphere would say once a homophobe, always a homophobe.

how about no host at all and just have a voiceover person announce the presenters.  It would cut the show's fat, long run time and just get to the point which is all most people care about anyway :P 

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

idk, this whole thing where twitter goes into someone's past (like someone legit must have twitter searched a bunch of slurs on kevin hart's page just to stir shit) and then bullies them into giving an apology... is not my thing.

yeah I was never a fan of it.  It happened way before Gunn too.  The first one I remember was it was done to a college kid after they won a championship and during the press conference some media person asked him about a tweet he made when he was like 13 or 14 and quoted one of his favorite rap songs and the lyric had a certain word in it.  So it became about that and not him and his team winning.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, 75Live said:

how about no host at all and just have a voiceover person announce the presenters.  It would cut the show's fat, long run time and just get to the point which is all most people care about anyway :P 

They should but ABC will probably just settle for Kimmel again cause they would probably prefer to have their own late night guy do it at this point. Stressful year for that network’s PR team between the Roseanne disaster and now this.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They should but ABC will probably just settle for Kimmel again cause they would probably prefer to have their own late night guy do it at this point. Stressful year for that network’s PR team between the Roseanne disaster and now this.

yeah you are probably correct about them going to Kimmel again since it's one of their people.  

Agreed that their PR team is probably pulling their hair out if they had any left

My top 5 Spotify artists this year:

1. Migos

2. Post Malone

3. Drake

4. Ariana Grande

5. Kendrick Lamar

Songs:

1. This Is America

2. rockstar

3. Ric Flair Drip

4. God's Plan

5. Plug Walk

I'm a bit surprised the last two songs made my list. It feels like I listened to Nice for What waaaaaay more than God's Plan. Then again, GP came out in January

Edited by WrathOfHan