Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Guys, what do you think of this? Some girl I know online says she might drive 800 miles to see me, and the city where I live. It was somewhat of an unsolicited offer. Of course, I enthusiastically accepted. You might think catfish, but we've been talking for a few months now, and this isn't even on a dating site. And she's not asking for any money from me either. I approached her first. What do you make of this?

Now she's saying we might have been going too fast. Hasn't closed the door on travel, though.

So I think this is the movie that’ll replace Legendary-Only-Watchable-Netflix-Movie “Set it Up” in my heart:

Also why do they keep spoiling the cameos of this one specific actor? 

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

@Porthos

Atlantic League apparently trying new electronic strike technology today.

Yeah, I'm aware.  It's one of few things, if not the only thing, Manfred is trying down there that I don't have a visceral instant reaction against.  Most of the other things like banning the shift, pushing back the mound, and whatever other idiocy Manfred has cooked up I really really REALLY hate (not sure if they're trying the extra innings stuff or not).

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

If only it was serialized. 

I hate this villain of the week CW formula.

So weird seeing this a week after DC dropped that trailer for their Watchmen show from HBO. The difference in production value and caliber of actors is pretty stark.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

that was only a one week thing it's probably already gone.

Guess it's time to crack up my VPN then since my HBO log-in doesn't work when I'm abroad...

I'm not gonna lie.  This looks kinda fucking gorgeous. 

(It's using gondolas, gondolas!!! to help get people to and from the stadium!!!)

===

Still a looooong way to go.  And Oakland politics being Oakland politics, lots of speed bumps and possible pitfalls ahead. But, sakes alive is that a gorgeous looking stadium concept.

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'm not gonna lie.  This looks kinda fucking gorgeous. 

(It's using gondolas, gondolas!!! to help get people to and from the stadium!!!)

===

Still a looooong way to go.  And Oakland politics being Oakland politics, lots of speed bumps and possible pitfalls ahead. But, sakes alive is that a gorgeous looking stadium concept.

How can you tell it's gorgeous?

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

How can you tell it's gorgeous?

Just the whole ambiance, really.  The cranes in the background, on the waterfront, massive open air view of the Bay.  Just really ascetically pleasing in a neo-industrial sort of way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DAR said:

Yeah I liked Umbrella Academy.   

I did a trial with the DC Universe.   Titans was bad.   And watched the first episode of Doom Patrol.   It was okay but I wasn't really motivated to continue.

I've watching Bosch on Amazon   It's pretty solid, Titus Weliver is always good.   

Netflix I'm on season 4 of Mad Men(started back up after taking a break)

HBO I'm watching Thrones and Barry, the latter is my favorite show on TV right now.

And thus ends the what DAR is watching report

Bosch is messed up here.  Before the arrival of Prime Amazon sold the rights to SBS so SBS still have the ongoing rights to show it first.

However, Prime initially announced season 5 would be on Prime here on 19 April the same as everywhere else but it didn't appear.  Then, in the middle of the next week I happened to notice it was available.  I watched two episodes that night.  The following night I went to watch another episode and it was gone.  Apparently someone at Prime stuffed up.  Prime are now saying 18 October and it still hasn't appeared on SBS.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/05/the-very-strange-case-of-bosch-season-5.html

• Sad 1