Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I just love how serious, sanctimonious, aging cinephiles love to hate Disney with a passion.

As if other studios were doing anything different.

As if there was any orignilaity in the serious, adult movies they loved last year.

As if the movie business was driven by offer and not demand.

As if.

Seethe my friends.

Seethe.

😎

Most of these are hypocrites. 

They act like Disney is evil and other studios are best. 

They attack on Disney the evil corporation through their IPhone. 

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

Given where Disney is today compared where it was Eisner left in 2005, I don't there's even a chance they could go back to a place similar to the cheap DTV sequel era if they tried.

I mean the live action remakes are pretty much the same thing as DTV sequels.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I subscribed to the criterion channel and they have more movies on there than I expected. I'm gonna try the use it to catch up with some older movies. Watched The Shop Around the Corner today and it was pretty lovely (also gets pretty dark for a rom-com). Only thing I didn't like is the way Kralik plays around with Klara towards the end of the film. Felt almost abusive making her go through all those emotions.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

It depends many on this forum will sometimes thub its nose at a pretty well made blockbuster film but then get into a collective circle jerk for an original film even if its rather middling and mediocre. 

And one can say the reverse for the fanboys on the board.

• Haha 1

Speaking of live-action Disney remakes we'll see if it happens or not but I'm crossing my fingers that the rumors Joaquin has been offered to be their Captain Hook in David Lowery's live-action Peter Pan turn out to be true and he accepts just for the comedy of the Joker stans who called him the greatest actor who ever lived just because of that movie turning against him and labeling him a sellout for working with those (as Oscar Isaac calls them) Disney overlords. And the chance the promo tour provides something as iconic as the last time he worked for Mickey:

34 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Speaking of live-action Disney remakes we'll see if it happens or not but I'm crossing my fingers that the rumors Joaquin has been offered to be their Captain Hook in David Lowery's live-action Peter Pan turn out to be true and he accepts just for the comedy of the Joker stans who called him the greatest actor who ever lived just because of that movie turning against him and labeling him a sellout for working with those (as Oscar Isaac calls them) Disney overlords. And the chance the promo tour provides something as iconic as the last time he worked for Mickey:

He has two other projects in the works that he's committed to before he could even accept Pan

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I subscribed to the criterion channel and they have more movies on there than I expected. I'm gonna try the use it to catch up with some older movies. Watched The Shop Around the Corner today and it was pretty lovely (also gets pretty dark for a rom-com). Only thing I didn't like is the way Kralik plays around with Klara towards the end of the film. Felt almost abusive making her go through all those emotions.

The Criterion Channel is fantastic. 👏

4 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

The Criterion Channel is fantastic. 👏

It is. Really looking forward to their "Columbia Noir" series in April.

I see they are showing "THe Hidden Fortress' Any "Star Wars" fans who tune in without having seen it are in for a shock.....

11 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Most of these are hypocrites. 

They act like Disney is evil and other studios are best. 

They attack on Disney the evil corporation through their IPhone. 

I am not denying Disney some some really shitty things, and I can't stand a couple of the individual here who think Disney Can Do No Wrong, but I don't think they do anything the other big studios don't do, or would do if they had the power. Disney seems to be better at it, that's all.

But Disney seems in for some rough times;the virus is hurting them badly with a major source of income dried up with their theme pakes resorts in Asia desterted, and if the virus manages to hurt ecnomies world wide..look at what happened with the US Stock Marker for the past couple of days..it will hurt them even more. In fact it will hurt every studio.

This is really dumb.

"Apple, they let you use iPhones in movies, but—and this is very pivotal if you're ever watching a mystery movie—bad guys cannot have iPhones on camera," Johnson said. Johnson said he was reluctant to reveal that tidbit "because it's going to screw me on the next mystery movie that I write," but he added, "forget it, I'll say it. It's very interesting."

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/02/apple-wont-let-filmmakers-put-iphones-in-villains-hands-rian-johnson-says/

If  memory serves, there was a new version of Stephan King's "The Stand" in the works. I think it was to be a movie, then switched to a TV miniseries.

I ask because with the Corona virus, the people making it have got to be going "Oh, Shit"...…….

Just googled it.....

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1831804/

Would not be surprised if gets pushed back quite a bit.....timing might be pretty bad....

Edited by dudalb