Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Been on this forum for almost two years and not once have I seen any of you recommended Fail-Safe. Shame on you all, it's incredible and I am offended that you all do not collectively talk about it enough. 

Sidney Lumet is three for three on the oh shit that was great count for me now. Really need to dive deeper on his stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Been on this forum for almost two years and not once have I seen any of you recommended Fail-Safe. Shame on you all, it's incredible and I am offended that you all do not collectively talk about it enough. 

Sidney Lumet is three for three on the oh shit that was great count for me now. Really need to dive deeper on his stuff.

The Kubrick people prefer its biological half-sibling Dr. Strangelove

• Astonished 1

Just now, 4815162342 said:

The Kubrick people prefer its biological half-sibling Dr. Strangelove

Fail-Safe >>>  Strangelove.

And I like Strangelove a lot. Why has everyone seemed to have forgotten Fail-Safe? Lumet in general, really. His name doesn't get thrown around enough. 

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

And I like Strangelove a lot. Why has everyone seemed to have forgotten Fail-Safe? Lumet in general, really. His name doesn't get thrown around enough. 

So if it is Lumet you're after, here are a few more (I'm assuming you watched Dog Day Afternoon, Network, etc already):

Serpico

Murder on the Orient Express (1974)

The Verdict

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I think it's cause he's the type of guy who would let content dictate his style, which makes his movies seem less personal. Doesn't have that consistent big flashy approach. Guys like Lumet or John Huston are always gonna be less fashionable than the Kubricks and Hitchcocks of the world. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure where to post this but it's pretty huge, perhaps needs it's own thread? MOD OPINION?

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/James-Camerons-Story-of-Science-Fiction-Offers-a-Closer-Look-into-AMCs-New-Original-Series-20180313

Ok before you start to think this is Jimbo just posting Cameron yet again god I hate that guy why does he hate star wars and comic book so much... I wish MY film was the highest grossing.. damn I envy him so much.. etc

James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction

For the show, James Cameron personally interviewed six of the biggest names in Science fiction filmmaking-Guillermo del Toro, George Lucas, Christopher Nolan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ridley Scott, and Steven Spielberg-to get their perspectives on the importance and impact of the genre.

81sLCDivHrL.jpg

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

I've never seen it

• Disbelief 1

48 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm not sure where to post this but it's pretty huge, perhaps needs it's own thread? MOD OPINION?

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/James-Camerons-Story-of-Science-Fiction-Offers-a-Closer-Look-into-AMCs-New-Original-Series-20180313

Ok before you start to think this is Jimbo just posting Cameron yet again god I hate that guy why does he hate star wars and comic book so much... I wish MY film was the highest grossing.. damn I envy him so much.. etc

James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction

For the show, James Cameron personally interviewed six of the biggest names in Science fiction filmmaking-Guillermo del Toro, George Lucas, Christopher Nolan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ridley Scott, and Steven Spielberg-to get their perspectives on the importance and impact of the genre.

81sLCDivHrL.jpg

MMMMPH, that Nolan/Cameron interview gonna be hot