Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

10 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Jeez some of these posts...you guys need to start doing a tl;dr...

Tl;dr

Not only does America suck right now, after reflecting a bit you can realize it’s always sucked.

watched Elevator to the Gallows because its main theme is used in the best scene in Burning. cool as hell movie. had to restrain myself from literally doing :worthy: :worthy::worthy: in front of my TV during every moment Jeanne Moreau was onscreen. I mean, shit. you wanna talk about what is cinema? This is cinema

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

watched Elevator to the Gallows because its main theme is used in the best scene in Burning. cool as hell movie. had to restrain myself from literally doing :worthy: :worthy::worthy: in front of my TV during every moment Jeanne Moreau was onscreen. I mean, shit. you wanna talk about what is cinema? This is cinema

Actually Jake this is a YouTube video.

36 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Jeez some of these posts...you guys need to start doing a tl;dr...

Sometimes long posts can be necessary.  for instance, if someone were to buy a bank, then they might need a long post explaining how and why they did such a thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Do you guys have suggestions of good movies similar to Alfred Hitchcock movies from the 1950s or italian giallo?

Diabolique, which Hitchcock himself wanted to make but was a few hours too late getting the rights to the novel. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

And America’s background has too many black spots for me to even pretend I’m proud of our heritage.  Even in a moment in history where we were in the most right (WW2), we were still isolationist for the first half out of self-interest allowing the Germans to do more damage, we still unapologetically nuked 2 cities of civilians to force unconditional Japanese surrender and we still put the Japanese in internment camps.

While, i wouldn’t say America’s past is all bad.  We have bright spots, we certainly have never been heroes in history

bruh you can say we suck and all that, but without us theres a good chance this would've been reality(Courtesy of High Castle).  

9qtcnj0k0jhy.png

There was literally nobody in Asia or the Pacific besides us capable of fighting the Japanese in WW2 and we supplied England and Russia with shitloads of money and military equipment with the often not talked about Lend and Lease Act during the War.

We also were the ones that kept the Soviet Union from dominating the world for 45 years after the war which Western Europe certainly wasn't capable of doing themselves.

Murica Fuck Yeah emot-patriot.gif

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ACSlater said:

Man there are shady ass neighborhoods in South Florida but damn if they don't have some of the best taco trucks.

Next time though need to remember to bring my parent's Honda instead of my car. Had a little bit too much attention on me.

What parts have you been in?

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

bruh you can say we suck and all that, but without us theres a good chance this would've been reality(Courtesy of High Castle).  

9qtcnj0k0jhy.png

There was literally nobody in Asia or the Pacific besides us capable of fighting the Japanese in WW2 and we supplied England and Russia with shitloads of money and military equipment with the often not talked about Lend and Lease Act during the War.

We also were the ones that kept the Soviet Union from dominating the world for 45 years after the war which Western Europe certainly wasn't capable of doing themselves.

Murica Fuck Yeah emot-patriot.gif

So by that logic the Soviet Union must also be the heroes of history as they’re the only reason Hitler didn’t conquer Western Europe.

If you read my original post I mentioned WW2, and that one period of time where I’d say the US was the most in the right, we also held Japanese-American citizens in internment camps, nuked two civilian cities and we were actually going to remain isolationist until we were actually attacked by Japan (meanwhile UK was holding the Western Front by themselves pretty much)

And I cant buy the US as heroes in the Cold War either.  While the Soviet Union wasn’t either, most the places we entered we did more harm than good, just think of Vietnam and backing the Taliban as examples.

Im not meaning to go on these rants, but just trying to have some self-reflection in trying to think of how much good the US has actually done and if it really does balance out all of the dark 

3 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

So by that logic the Soviet Union must also be the heroes of history as they’re the only reason Hitler didn’t conquer Western Europe.

If you read my original post I mentioned WW2, and that one period of time where I’d say the US was the most in the right, we also held Japanese-American citizens in internment camps, nuked two civilian cities and we were actually going to remain isolationist until we were actually attacked by Japan (meanwhile UK was holding the Western Front by themselves pretty much)

And I cant buy the US as heroes in the Cold War either.  While the Soviet Union wasn’t either, most the places we entered we did more harm than good, just think of Vietnam and backing the Taliban as examples.

Im not meaning to go on these rants, but just trying to have some self-reflection in trying to think of how much good the US has actually done and if it really does balance out all of the dark 

Trump has a weird way of pushing people over the top.

I guess I shouldn't surprised, people still actually think Putin and Trump conspired to take over the world in 2016.

Yeah, the good people of 2018 connected to the wisdom, good values and morals of the Interwebs would have done a much better job at the world war thing and we would all be living in paradise by now.

Our st00pid elders and ancestors of the Past, they had no clue about anything.

All these deaths and suffering for nothing.

People were evil, bad and clueless back then.

Today, We are good,benevolent and wise.

Sure, Jan, Suuuure.

:rolleyes:

:bash: