Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Why must I take the same exact 20 online trainings over FERPA, Title IX, Ethics, Hazard Communication, Embargo Training, Information Security, Creating a Discrimination Free Workplace, Clery Act, University Orientation, Reporting Fraud, and so forth every year?

Apparently clicking through online slides and being forced to answer 12 5 question tests per training with a perfect score will make me a good university employee?  I'm pretty sure the employee who hung the noose in another faculty's office took the discrimination free workplace training every year too, and that didn't erase his racism.

Forgive the rant, but I know I'm not allowed to write my political opinions on University parchment, these trainings are a waste of my valuable human capital that I could be using making memes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

It's so strange that Dark Phoenix is the only upcoming J-Law project.

12 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

she's done. maybe she can be on the next season of american horror story or something, i dunno.

be that as it may, she likely got voted in as winner of People's Choice Awards - Best Drama Actress of 2018 - Red Sparrow.  

also, her role in Dark Phoenix will likely get voted in too all the way to the finish line whenever the movie comes out.

9 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Well, I'm officially just two years away from hitting the big 3-0 now. Shit, I'm getting old.

:rofl:

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

Wait until you start coming up on 40. That's when the real panic will kick in.

... or nearing the 60 (still no panic btw)

three episodes deep into haunting of hill house. keep in mind i think the robert wise adaptation is like, one of the five best horror movies ever. but mike flanagan took the story and was all "hey what if this was more like... oculus". unsure so far.

• Sad 1

@Blankments time for some trailer serial killers:

7:

Bumblebee (Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha, The House with a Clock in Its Walls, Venom)

The Girl in the Spider’s Web: A New Dragon Tattoo Story (Ocean’s 8, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Searching, A Simple Favor, A Star Is Born, First Man, Bad Times at the El Royale)

6:

Halloween (The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web, The Nun, The Predator, A Simple Favor, Bad Times at the El Royale)

Overlord (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Meg, The Nun, Searching, The Predator, Bad Times at the El Royale)

Widows (Ocean’s 8, Crazy Rich Asians, Searching, A Simple Favor, First Man, Bad Times at the El Royale)

5:

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Alpha, The Predator)

The Hate U Give (Skyscraper, Unfriended: Dark Web, Sorry to Bother You, BlacKkKlansman, The Nun)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Love, Simon, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2, Alpha, Venom)

4:

Aquaman (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Meg, The Predator, First Man)

Creed II (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Skyscraper, Sorry to Bother You, The Spy Who Dumped Me)

Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch (Isle of Dogs, Incredibles 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, The House with a Clock in Its Walls)

Nobody’s Fool (The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web, The Spy Who Dumped Me, BlacKkKlansman)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Skyscraper, The Nun)

Robin Hood (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Spy Who Dumped Me, A Simple Favor, First Man)

3:

Bohemian Rhapsody (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, A Star Is Born, Bad Times at the El Royale)

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Isle of Dogs, Avengers: Infinity War, A Star Is Born)

Mary Poppins Returns (Leave No Trace, Christopher Robin, The House with a Clock in Its Walls)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter, Skyscraper, Searching)

The Mule (A Star Is Born, Colette, Bad Times at the El Royale)

Vice (A Star Is Born, First Man, Bad Times at the El Royale)

2 and 1:

Spoiler

2:

Boy Erased (A Star Is Born, Bad Times at the El Royale)

Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Unsane, Isle of Dogs)

The Favourite (A Star Is Born, Colette)

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Incredibles 2, The House with a Clock in Its Walls)

Instant Family (A Simple Favor, First Man)

Mary Queen of Scots (Colette, First Man)

Ralph Breaks the Internet (Incredibles 2, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

Serenity (Tag, The Predator)

Wonder Park (Leave No Trace, Christopher Robin)

1:

Beautiful Boy (Colette)

Captain Marvel (Venom)

The Current War (Wind River)

Dark Phoenix (Venom)

Dumbo (Christopher Robin)

Green Book (First Man)

Hunter Killer (A Simple Favor)

Johnny English Strikes Again (The House with a Clock in Its Walls)

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

Mid90s (BlacKkKlansman)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

On the Basis of Sex (Crazy Rich Asians)

A Private War (Colette)

Rocketman (A Star Is Born)

Shazam! (The Meg)

Welcome to Marwen (First Man)

What Men Want (Crazy Rich Asians)

What They Had (Colette)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

@4815162342 @TwoMisfits @DAR

Derek Barnett, DE Eagles, reportedly out for remainder of the season due to shoulder injury :( 

It is not their year right now...it makes me appreciate how magical last year really was...you just felt like they were gonna keep winning no matter who went down and who had to fill in.  I'm not really feeling that now.  I'm just hoping they get to 4-4 at the bye and try to get someone healthy for the back half.  I mean, we are only playoff bound if we can run the NFC East, and that's not gonna be that easy with Washington now in possession of a non-choking QB...

• Like 1

TOO SOON?

Disney Talking ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ Reboot With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick

https://deadline.com/2018/10/pirates-of-the-caribbean-reboot-deadpool-writers-rhett-reese-paul-wernick-johnny-depp-1202488160/

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2

1 minute ago, Alli said:

TOO SOON?

Disney Talking ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ Reboot With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick

https://deadline.com/2018/10/pirates-of-the-caribbean-reboot-deadpool-writers-rhett-reese-paul-wernick-johnny-depp-1202488160/

I forgot that the latest sequel came out just last year. You could've told me it came out five years ago and I would've believed you.

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

TOO SOON?

Ew.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I forgot that the latest sequel came out just last year. You could've told me it came out five years ago and I would've believed you.

That was the first time in the series I was like, yeah I'm good if I don't see another one of these.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

That was the first time in the series I was like, yeah I'm good if I don't see another one of these.

Too bad it now appears we'll never get to see what Davy Jones had planned as his revenge. Then again, bringing him back from the dead only came across as a ploy to make audiences nostalgic for that time when they were actually crazy about the franchise.

15 minutes ago, DAR said:

Last year I practically dragged my Dad to see Wonder Woman because I was so tired and uninterested in Pirates 5, even though he was super excited for it. Thankfully my Dad loved Wonder Woman, so both parties were happy.

My dad later saw Pirates 5 on Netflix. He told me it was good, but he also likes Suicide Squad, so...