Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

And let's face it: the only reason SIC doesn't win every day with 23 or 24 in share is because their daytime still has a lot of fragile shows and their primetime is an audiometric catastrophe. If they put Chocolate com Pimenta at 2PM and improve the primetime shows, you'll start seeing monster dailies again :ohmygod:

SIC from 8 PM until Cristina starts on the following day is a mess. TVI is lucky since Valor da Vida and A Teia aren't particulary strong either.

15 minutes ago, CJohn said:

SIC from 8 PM until Cristina starts on the following day is a mess. TVI is lucky since Valor da Vida and A Teia aren't particulary strong either.

SIC is a mess from Driven To Love onwards, actually. 7PM is a very important slot and that show is a gigantic failure. Married At First Sight it ain't. Surely they're gonna put the Farmer show in the slot now..... but with Andreia Rodrigues, I dunno if it'll be a hit.

And I think A Teia does pretty okay. Granted, it has virtually no competition (Vidas Opostas died a painful death after the Eurovision night.... it was actually a HUGE hit before that night and it would spank the opposition very often, but then it saaaaank and has flopped hard since), but it was also dropped with very little promotion and still lifted Jogo Duplo's ratings. And its shares have been enormous lately, especially at midnight.

Valor da Vida, on the other hand...... yeah. I mean, 25 share daily isn't too bad, but for 9PM, it's like the bare requirement. TVI is lucky that Alma e Coração is an even bigger flop than its predecessor :rofl:

(To the non-Portuguese reading this, just keep doing your thing and don't mind all this gibberish :ph34r:)

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Haha 2

So, I finally watched Dunkirk yesterday.  It's funny...I think most of this board liked it way more than I did,  I found it a serviceable, and yet sometimes confusing, war movie that didn't quite strike the emotional heart I expected after all the hype...and it didn't compensate for this missing emotional core with anything wildly amazing.  IMHO, I've seen a quite a few better WWII-event movies done, and maybe that's the problem.

All in all, I'd give it a B-.    

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, I finally watched Dunkirk yesterday.  It's funny...I think most of this board liked it way more than I did,  I found it a serviceable, and yet sometimes confusing, war movie that didn't quite strike the emotional heart I expected after all the hype...and it didn't compensate for this missing emotional core with anything wildly amazing.  IMHO, I've seen a quite a few better WWII-event movies done, and maybe that's the problem.

It's called Saving Private Ryan

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

There's no character we care about and there's no story. Only people who like it are the ones who saw it in IMAX.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alli said:

WTF. HE's going after Amber's Aquaman money. He's really broke

I don’t think Amber Heard has earned $50M in lifetime earnings let alone $50M being considered Aquaman “money.” 

Honestly, he has no one to blame but himself for what has happened to his career. Even if you take out the Amber situation, the dude has been a straight up hot mess. 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I don’t think Amber Heard has earned $50M in lifetime earnings let alone $50M being considered Aquaman “money.” 

Honestly, he has no one to blame but himself for what has happened to his career. Even if you take out the Amber situation, the dude has been a straight up hot mess. 

Would need to look at the lawsuit or know anything about the law, but I would imagine the Washington Post, the publisher, would be on the hook for it ? I doubt he would end up asking for money from her at the end if it how it work in practice.

5 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

😂

I mean, there is a whole lot of editing there. ;)

Really though, it's apparent that the film's win in that category was probably due largely to a desire to pat Ottman on the back for salvaging a coherent movie from the well-documented on-set turmoil and multiple directors. Say what you will of the film's quality - and I'm in the camp that has rather a lot to say about its problematic implications - it at least makes sense as a narrative and feels like it has a consistent vision even if individual scenes violate basic film editing form.

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 1