Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 hours ago, 2019 movie tracker said:

are there any blonde women who take the concept of the Winnie the Pooh's doll very seriously?

have they thought up lawsuits for negative reviews on the movie to protect the bear from falling in the ranks in critics annual end of the year lists?

Seriously, how many drugs are you on?

@CJohn Another day, another Godawful result for TVI. Sub-16% on Monday. SIC went north of 18%. Also, SIC was apparently, on average, the primetime leaders during this past week. Which sounds odd at first because The Farmer Wants A Wife didn't have a beastly result this past Sunday (only an 11.4% rating or something like that), but the Benfica x Eintracht game easily outdid Porto x Liverpool, Jornal da Noite beat Jornal das 8 and even Alma e Coração beat Valor da Vida at least once.

One can only imagine what the fuck is gonna happen when the new primetime shake-ups come into play, and I hope nothing disappoints, because right now, this is the worst time ever for Portuguese primetimes. None of the news broadcasts hits huge results anymore (except Jornal das 8 on Sunday because of RAP, and even then that hasn't happened lately); Valor da Vida is the leader soap and its results are the same as those of Paixão.... y'know, the SIC flop that tried, and failed, to compete with A Herdeira; Alma e Coração is an even bigger flop than Paixão as it has a sub-10% rating average at 9 fucking PM; A Teia is a moderate at best success only because of the margins that it has when it beats the competition, having seen an uptick in average share from predecessor Jogo Duplo, but also a decrease in average rating; Vidas Opostas...... the less said, the better; and at midnight, Segundo Sol, the Brazilian soap from Rede Globo, is far and away the leader against Onde Está Elisa (which did okay business in Season 1, but has been a total flop in Season 2), but it also dropped immensely from its predecessor O Outro Lado do Paraíso, which was a phenomenon. The only weekday primetime show that presents better than expected results is RTP's game show Joker, which is a pretty cool format btw. And of course, the weekend primetime programming is dominated by the stupid ass show The Farmer Wants A Wife while TVI and RTP have ginormous flops going against it. So, PLEASE CHANGE THE PRIMETIMES FOR THE BETTER ASAP. At least ratings-wise.

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Another day, another Godawful result for TVI. Sub-16% on Monday. SIC went north of 18%. Also, SIC was apparently, on average, the primetime leaders during this past week. Which sounds odd at first because The Farmer Wants A Wife didn't have a beastly result this past Sunday (only an 11.4% rating or something like that), but the Benfica x Eintracht game easily outdid Porto x Liverpool, Jornal da Noite beat Jornal das 8 and even Alma e Coração beat Valor da Vida at least once.

One can only imagine what the fuck is gonna happen when the new primetime shake-ups come into play, and I hope nothing disappoints, because right now, this is the worst time ever for Portuguese primetimes. None of the news broadcasts hits huge results anymore (except Jornal das 8 on Sunday because of RAP, and even then that hasn't happened lately); Valor da Vida is the leader soap and its results are the same as those of Paixão.... y'know, the SIC flop that tried, and failed, to compete with A Herdeira; Alma e Coração is an even bigger flop than Paixão as it has a sub-10% rating average at 9 fucking PM; A Teia is a moderate at best success only because of the margins that it has when it beats the competition, having seen an uptick in average share from predecessor Jogo Duplo, but also a decrease in average rating; Vidas Opostas...... the less said, the better; and at midnight, Segundo Sol, the Brazilian soap from Rede Globo, is far and away the leader against Onde Está Elisa (which did okay business in Season 1, but has been a total flop in Season 2), but it also dropped immensely from its predecessor O Outro Lado do Paraíso, which was a phenomenon. The only weekday primetime show that presents better than expected results is RTP's game show Joker, which is a pretty cool format btw. And of course, the weekend primetime programming is dominated by the stupid ass show The Farmer Wants A Wife while TVI and RTP have ginormous flops going against it. So, PLEASE CHANGE THE PRIMETIMES FOR THE BETTER ASAP. At least ratings-wise.

Related image

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I think I understood maybe half of that...

Edited by cookie

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I checked the daily shares and TVI is a huge disaster every day. The primetime is full of unappealing projects and weak shows. Joker gets the ratings it does because Vasco Palmeirim is a draw. Switch him with Pedro Fernandes or Malato and it sinks. The soaps and dragging with weak storylines and boring episodes after boring episodes. My mom has stopped watching soaps years ago and she is like 55. She only watches American shows (big fan of This Is Us which is a sort of equivalent to a soap if you think about it, and she also watches NCIS, Riverdale and Empire). 

A Prisioneira has all the potential with a huge month long marketing campaign which clearly states which day is going to premiere. There is no room for failure with A Prisioneira, or TVI loses the primetime completely. If A Prisioneira is big, then the primetime is still safe for TVI. After that, Morangos com Açúcar will return at 7 PM and we know what TVI will unleash on Sundays in September. Real improvements will only come in September. Imagine TVI between 7-11 PM with Morangos, Jornal das 8 with RAP doing daily interviews because of election, new soap with killer cast and A Prisioneira and Ljubomir on Sundays? Yeah, this is where TVI can do a turn around in their ratings. Until then, it is dead.

ClearSparseAegeancat-size_restricted.gif

Edited by CJohn

24 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Anyone know what Charlton Heston and Linda Harrison thought of the 2001 Apes? (Which apparently they had a cameo in I’m reading)

Also, anyone know what Ray HarryHausen thought of the Clash of the Titans reboot and sequel? 

I don't believe either was huge on it, though sadly Heston was diagnosed with Alzheimer in 2003, so it's likely he couldn't remember much of anything after a while. 

Harryhausen wasn't looking forward to the Clash of The Titans remake. I believe by all accounts he wasn't a fan of it. I'm sure there's more in his autobiography, which was published the same year as the remake, but I never picked it-up. 

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I checked the daily shares and TVI is a huge disaster every day. The primetime is full of unappealing projects and weak shows. Joker gets the ratings it does because Vasco Palmeirim is a draw. Switch him with Pedro Fernandes or Malato and it sinks. The soaps and dragging with weak storylines and boring episodes after boring episodes. My mom has stopped watching soaps years ago and she is like 55. She only watches American shows (big fan of This Is Us which is a sort of equivalent to a soap if you think about it, and she also watches NCIS, Riverdale and Empire). 

A Prisioneira has all the potential with a huge month long marketing campaign which clearly states which day is going to premiere. There is no room for failure with A Prisioneira, or TVI loses the primetime completely. If A Prisioneira is big, then the primetime is still safe for TVI. After that, Morangos com Açúcar will return at 7 PM and we know what TVI will unleash on Sundays in September. Real improvements will only come in September. Imagine TVI between 7-11 PM with Morangos, Jornal das 8 with RAP doing daily interviews because of election, new soap with killer cast and A Prisioneira and Ljubomir on Sundays? Yeah, this is where TVI can do a turn around in their ratings. Until then, it is dead.

ClearSparseAegeancat-size_restricted.gif

TVI are morons for not hiring Palmeirim for anything. He's great, and he works every day at Rádio Comercial..... which is owned by the same fucking company as TVI :rofl:  But I think Joker itself is also an appealing concept. (NO, IF YOU'RE NOT PORTUGUESE, WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BATMAN VILLAIN OR THE MOVIE COMING OUT THIS OCTOBER.... IT DOES LOOK GREAT AND HAIL JOAQUIN PHOENIX, THO.) Plus, it starts at 9PM dead-on and it's an alternative to the old news soaps. The private channels should consider putting up something else that's non-soap on primetimes soon. Especially SIC.......... c'mon, you guys have the ultimate trump card of trump cards and you don't plan on unleashing it on primetimes or Sundays anytime soon? Dumbasses.

Although honestly, I would be careful in putting that much confidence in the new Morangos. The last couple of seasons were flops back in the day, and everything has flopped bad at 7PM for TVI's side lately. It all depends on marketing and hype, really..... and also on what will SIC have for counter-programming, which I have a feeling is going to be Married At First Sight, and that is likely gonna be even bigger than the 1st season this time around. I think there's a very good chance Morangos bombs. But I do think that Ljubomir can beat MAFS for sure, though it will be close. RAP with election interviews is gonna be MASSIVE, and a well promoted Prisioneira can be a huge sigh of relief for them as well. But even with these hands, I still think they won't take the weekdays away from SIC, because SIC's daytime is just that much stronger. The only reason why they're not even stronger is because they didn't wanna shell out the cash for a strong Brazilian soap re-run at 2PM and went with the zero cost worst choice possible instead, and even then it's still competitive against Belmonte.

On top of that, SIC seems hellbent on taking the primetime back as well. They're already promoting Golpe de Sorte with some cool teasers, and really, when A Prisioneira comes out, Valor da Vida is only gonna hold on at 11PM for a very short while. That other soap TVI is doing to replace A Teia at 11PM smells like bombage, and if SIC pushes their current 9PM flop to 11PM, I think it can beat it (it has beaten A Teia before, for the record). So yeah, things are gonna be quite interesting going on forward.

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

TVI are morons for not hiring Palmeirim for anything. He's great, and he works every day at Rádio Comercial..... which is owned by the same fucking company as TVI :rofl:  But I think Joker itself is also an appealing concept. (NO, IF YOU'RE NOT PORTUGUESE, WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BATMAN VILLAIN OR THE MOVIE COMING OUT THIS OCTOBER.... IT DOES LOOK GREAT AND HAIL JOAQUIN PHOENIX, THO.) Plus, it starts at 9PM dead-on and it's an alternative to the old news soaps. The private channels should consider putting up something else that's non-soap on primetimes soon. Especially SIC.......... c'mon, you guys have the ultimate trump card of trump cards and you don't plan on unleashing it on primetimes or Sundays anytime soon? Dumbasses.

Although honestly, I would be careful in putting that much confidence in the new Morangos. The last couple of seasons were flops back in the day, and everything has flopped bad at 7PM for TVI's side lately. It all depends on marketing and hype, really..... and also on what will SIC have for counter-programming, which I have a feeling is going to be Married At First Sight, and that is likely gonna be even bigger than the 1st season this time around. I think there's a very good chance Morangos bombs. But I do think that Ljubomir can beat MAFS for sure, though it will be close. RAP with election interviews is gonna be MASSIVE, and a well promoted Prisioneira can be a huge sigh of relief for them as well. But even with these hands, I still think they won't take the weekdays away from SIC, because SIC's daytime is just that much stronger. The only reason why they're not even stronger is because they didn't wanna shell out the cash for a strong Brazilian soap re-run at 2PM and went with the zero cost worst choice possible instead, and even then it's still competitive against Belmonte.

On top of that, SIC seems hellbent on taking the primetime back as well. They're already promoting Golpe de Sorte with some cool teasers, and really, when A Prisioneira comes out, Valor da Vida is only gonna hold on at 11PM for a very short while. That other soap TVI is doing to replace A Teia at 11PM smells like bombage, and if SIC pushes their current 9PM flop to 11PM, I think it can beat it (it has beaten A Teia before, for the record). So yeah, things are gonna be quite interesting going on forward.

Morangos needs a big marketing campaign as well, and they need to go harder into the musical route.

They tried to hire Vasco Palmeirim a few years ago and RTP throwed The Voice plus a game show at him and a new contract for him to stay, and he decided to stay at RTP.

Edited by CJohn

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Morangos needs a big marketing campaign as well, and they need to go harder into the musical route.

They tried to hire Vasco Palmeirim a few years ago and RTP throwed The Voice plus a game show at him and a new contract for him to stay, and he decided to stay at RTP.

GOD, NO. Season 8 was a fucking nightmare because of that. I liked the 7th one, but they went full overboard with the Glee ripping off in the next one. It was cringetastic. But they did hire April Ivy and I believe either Bárbara Bandeira or Tony Carreira's daughter (or both even, I don't remember accurately) as the female leads, so..... yeah, that's exactly what they're gonna do. Puke. But yeah, Morangos needs a MASSIVE marketing campaign to work. Here's the issue: TVI is not good at those right now :rofl:

They should've thrown an even bigger contract at Palmeirim. It's not like TVI didn't have the money to do so. I don't get what's the fascination with working for a public network whose main channel barely inches over 10% of the daily share of ratings, but whatever, everyone seems happy at RTP for some reason :rofl:  (The Voice is a big hit, though, so Palmeirim was smart there.) RTP has a lot of amazing talent. They might actually have the best talent pool out of the three main channels. It is what it is.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

39 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

GOD, NO. Season 8 was a fucking nightmare because of that. I liked the 7th one, but they went full overboard with the Glee ripping off in the next one. It was cringetastic. But they did hire April Ivy and I believe either Bárbara Bandeira or Tony Carreira's daughter (or both even, I don't remember accurately) as the female leads, so..... yeah, that's exactly what they're gonna do. Puke. But yeah, Morangos needs a MASSIVE marketing campaign to work. Here's the issue: TVI is not good at those right now :rofl:

They should've thrown an even bigger contract at Palmeirim. It's not like TVI didn't have the money to do so. I don't get what's the fascination with working for a public network whose main channel barely inches over 10% of the daily share of ratings, but whatever, everyone seems happy at RTP for some reason :rofl:  (The Voice is a big hit, though, so Palmeirim was smart there.) RTP has a lot of amazing talent. They might actually have the best talent pool out of the three main channels. It is what it is.

If they can pull off April Ivy, Bárbara Bandeira and Sara Carreira the hype would be insane. Combine that with a strong marketing push and at least the first few episodes would be massive. After that it depends on the quality of the show. The last good season was the one with Lourenço Ortigão and Sara Matos. After that we got the disastrous seasons with David Carreira as the lead and that trash in the fashion school.

RTP probably doesn't demand high ratings, which takes out a lot of pressure of your daily life. Unlike TVI and SIC, where the objective is to lead, at RTP you don't have that on your shoulders. Plus Palmeirim is the lead host of their only big hit, as you mentioned. The Voice is consistently a strong show for them every year.

Edited by CJohn

21 minutes ago, CJohn said:

If they can pull off April Ivy, Bárbara Bandeira and Sara Carreira the hype would be insane. Combine that with a strong marketing push and at least the first few episodes would be massive. After that it depends on the quality of the show. The last good season was the one with Lourenço Ortigão and Sara Matos. After that we got the disastrous seasons with David Carreira as the lead and that trash in the fashion school.

RTP probably doesn't demand high ratings, which takes out a lot of pressure of your daily life. Unlike TVI and SIC, where the objective is to lead, at RTP you don't have that on your shoulders. Plus Palmeirim is the lead host of their only big hit, as you mentioned. The Voice is consistently a strong show for them every year.

In MCU terms, is this like Thor, Iron Man, and Cap uniting together after a hiatus

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, CJohn said:

April Ivy and Sara Carreira are locked down, and Bárbara Bandeira might be too. And yup, that basically guarantees something that would blow up at least on social media....... but I don't expect it to be what you would call a good show :rofl:  The last two seasons - those you talked about - were both Godawful. The eighth one (the David Carreira one) had good actors but was wayyyyyy overcringe with the Glee elements. You NEVER go full Glee and expect to be taken seriously :rofl:. And the final one had some of the worst acting I've ever seen, which was small part because of the script (there was some wasted talent there, like Filipa Areosa, Joana Metrass, Marta Andrino and Mikaela Lupo, all given GARBAGE material to work with), and 90% just horrible casting. But, I also thought that I Love It, that insanely huge flop of a Morangos rip-off starring Mia Rose, would have horrible acting too, and it didn't. As a matter of fact, Mia Rose was pretty decent.... hell, that whole show was a billion times more entertaining than the last Morangos seasons. Quite underrated imo. And I also thought Massa Fresca would suck and Mafalda Marafusta would suck in it, but alas, Massa Fresca was awesome + Mafalda Marafusta turned out to be a really good actress. So maybe these new chicks can surprise.

I mean, it's hard to call The Voice the only big hit that RTP has. The Price Is Right has been a constant for decades now, after all. And 5 Para a Meia-Noite is probably the only Portuguese format with major international popularity, despite technically having lowish ratings (and Filomena Cautela is only 2nd to Cristina as the best Portuguese host imo). But yeah, those are good points. Still, it's odd to see talent like Filomena, Palmeirim, Pedro Fernandes, Fernando Mendes, Tânia Ribas de Oliveira, Jorge Gabriel, Sílvia Alberto, Sónia Araújo or the greatest comedian in Portuguese history, Herman José, all bow down to RTP while much lesser talent is gaining probably much higher salaries in the private channels. Seriously, TVI puts stock on those mediocre 760 idiots from Somos Portugal and tries to force Pedro Teixeira as a host down people's throats (at least Rita Pereira is a somewhat competent host, Teixeira not so much), and then you see all these people on RTP of all channels. Weird, but oh well.

@MrPink In more comparable terms, it's like the three most popular members of Fifth Harmony reuniting.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

April Ivy and Sara Carreira are locked down, and Bárbara Bandeira might be too. And yup, that basically guarantees something that would blow up at least on social media....... but I don't expect it to be what you would call a good show :rofl:  The last two seasons - those you talked about - were both Godawful. The eighth one (the David Carreira one) had good actors but was wayyyyyy overcringe with the Glee elements. You NEVER go full Glee and expect to be taken seriously :rofl:. And the final one had some of the worst acting I've ever seen, which was small part because of the script (there was some wasted talent there, like Filipa Areosa, Joana Metrass, Marta Andrino and Mikaela Lupo, all given GARBAGE material to work with), and 90% just horrible casting. But, I also thought that I Love It, that insanely huge flop of a Morangos rip-off starring Mia Rose, would have horrible acting too, and it didn't. As a matter of fact, Mia Rose was pretty decent.... hell, that whole show was a billion times more entertaining than the last Morangos seasons. Quite underrated imo. And I also thought Massa Fresca would suck and Mafalda Marafusta would suck in it, but alas, Massa Fresca was awesome + Mafalda Marafusta turned out to be a really good actress. So maybe these new chicks can surprise.

I mean, it's hard to call The Voice the only big hit that RTP has. The Price Is Right has been a constant for decades now, after all. And 5 Para a Meia-Noite is probably the only Portuguese format with major international popularity, despite technically having lowish ratings (and Filomena Cautela is only 2nd to Cristina as the best Portuguese host imo). But yeah, those are good points. Still, it's odd to see talent like Filomena, Palmeirim, Pedro Fernandes, Fernando Mendes, Tânia Ribas de Oliveira, Jorge Gabriel, Sílvia Alberto, Sónia Araújo or the greatest comedian in Portuguese history, Herman José, all bow down to RTP while much lesser talent is gaining probably much higher salaries in the private channels. Seriously, TVI puts stock on those mediocre 760 idiots from Somos Portugal and tries to force Pedro Teixeira as a host down people's throats (at least Rita Pereira is a somewhat competent host, Teixeira not so much), and then you see all these people on RTP of all channels. Weird, but oh well.

@MrPink In more comparable terms, it's like the three most popular members of Fifth Harmony reuniting.

Oh my god yes. Why'd you do the group dirty like that Camila.

That's my Girl was such a jam

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I Love It was awful. Mia Rose was fine but the show was BAD. The entire thing would be either in their house or in a disco where Olivia Ortiz was the DJ. It was terrible. TVI tried so hard with that and it ended up banished to Saturday mornings lmao.

Again, on RTP there is no pressure. Why would you go to TVI host a 7 PM show that would get pulled a month into his run when you can host a game show at 9 PM on RTP that lasts for 4-6 months with no pressure of leading?