Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

33 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I love Goose but the more Sonic profile pics, the more uncomfortable the forum gets = the better

If you want me to really make the forum uncomfortable, I can go on Fur Affinity

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Help me out.

Do I watch Fighting with my Family or The Wandering Earth tonight?

EDIT: chose Wandering Earth. The film has 7 studio logos and altogether they’re still shorter than Marvel Studios’.

So I’m 40 minutes in and essentially all this movie has done is prove that China has the capability to also make boring Roland Emmerich films. It’s basically a lite Day After Tomorrow mixed with some light Independence Day with Emmerich’s trademark storytelling and use of characters.

• Like 1

If you didn't click:  13 games exclusively on YT for the second half of the season.  No YT account needed to watch (presumably); will be free to all viewers in NA.

===

Much better, MLB.  Much much better.  Now make sure there are no Facebook games in 2020 (you already cut it down to six this year and it looks like it's non-exclusive) and put those on YT, and now we'll be talking.

YT has its issues, but it is light-years better than Facebook.

@4815162342 @MrPink @TwoMisfits @Deep Wang @Tele Dondarrion @Water Bottle @tribefan695 @Jayhawk and any other members of the MLB BOT Mafia that I might be forgetting.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 7

WOW

A cop found guilty.

Former Minneapolis Police Officer Mohamed Noor was found guilty Tuesday of third-degree murder and manslaughter for fatally shooting Justine Ruszczyk while responding to her 911 call.

The jury of ten men and two women acquitted Noor on an additional count of second-degree murder in the killing. The judge set a sentencing date of June 7th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Checked the Tony nominations (mainly to see if The Boys in the Band got nominated for anything to claim good luck charm bragging rights; it nabbed 2, including Best Revival) and what caught my eye the most is that Legend Adam Driver has now become a Tony nominee just over three months after becoming an Oscar nominee. All this certified King does is win these days.

https://variety.com/2019/legit/news/tony-awards-nominations-2019-hadestown-aint-too-proud-tootsie-dominate-1203201154/

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

WOW

A cop found guilty.

Former Minneapolis Police Officer Mohamed Noor was found guilty Tuesday of third-degree murder and manslaughter for fatally shooting Justine Ruszczyk while responding to her 911 call.

The jury of ten men and two women acquitted Noor on an additional count of second-degree murder in the killing. The judge set a sentencing date of June 7th.

There's a VERY cynical comment I could make here, but I'll let it pass for now. 

• Sad 1

By the way while food shopping after work this evening I overheard the old lady in front of me saying that she wanted to see Unplanned but never got around to it because "those evil liberals got rid of it before I had the chance to see it." Now I know why @WrathOfHan hates old people.

• Astonished 1

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Checked the Tony nominations (mainly to see if The Boys in the Band got nominated for anything to claim good luck charm bragging rights; it nabbed 2, including Best Revival) and what caught my eye the most is that Legend Adam Driver has now become a Tony nominee just over three months after becoming an Oscar nominee. All this certified King does is win these days.

https://variety.com/2019/legit/news/tony-awards-nominations-2019-hadestown-aint-too-proud-tootsie-dominate-1203201154/

LMFAO at Be More Chill getting shut out.  They didn't even get George Salazar a shot out for carrying that trainwreck.  Yet, in an odd way, I am rooting for Joe Iconis for Best Score.  He's a crazy talent that just can't seem to find the right vehicle yet.  (I think he should do a proper & Family Revival Show a la Company.  Those vignette songs are amazing.)

I WISH we had snuck in another show while we were in NYC this weekend.  I would have loved to see Prom.

Problem was my friend's bus schedule put her in too late for a Wednesday evening, and she was leaving too early for a second Saturday show (and Come From Away was sold out :whosad:).   And AEG was too damn good to give up the Friday showings for an evening show, even though that was 50/50 the plan going in.

Edited by captainwondyful

Just now, captainwondyful said:

LMFAO at Be More Chill getting shut out.  They didn't even get George Salazar a shot out for carrying that trainwreck.  Yet, in an odd way, I am rooting for Joe Iconis for Best Score.  He's a crazy talent that just can't seem to find the right vehicle yet.  (I think he should do a proper & Family Revival Show a la Company.  Those vignette songs are amazing.)

I WISH we had snuck in another show while we were there.  Probably was my friend's bus schedule put her in too late for a Wednesday evening, and she was leaving too early for a second Sunday show (and Come From Away was sold out :whosad:).  I would have loved to see Prom.

I'm pretty sure the biggest surprise is Glenda Jackson getting snubbed. That production of King Lear got poor reviews overall but everyone figured she would make it in based on name recognition alone. Guess not.

Also: Jeremy Pope joined the "double nominations in the same year" club and he's from Central Florida. Represent, dude!

• Like 1

Variety has posted a chart on star salaries for upcoming movies:

Spoiler

Star Salaries

Ryan Reynolds getting nearly $30M for that Michael Bay Netflix movie is lol. Surprised Cruise isn't getting more for Top Gun 2. That discrepancy between Will Smith and Martin Lawrence for Bad Boys 3 lmao. Good to see Blunt will be getting a very nice payday out of A Quiet Place 2.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Variety has posted a chart on star salaries for upcoming movies:

Reveal hidden contents

Ryan Reynolds getting nearly $30M for that Michael Bay Netflix movie is lol. Surprised Cruise isn't getting more for Top Gun 2. That discrepancy between Will Smith and Martin Lawrence for Bad Boys 3 lmao. Good to see Blunt will be getting a very nice payday out of A Quiet Place 2.

Reynolds is getting that Pika Pika bump

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

just looked through the list of nominees. gideon glick and bertie carvel are for sure made up people. those are names of characters in a movie about snooty broadway actors.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

That line about “maybe you just had to adjust your TV is such bullshit”. MAAAAAYBE YOU should have thought about that most people don’t watch your program on 4K projectors!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

That line about “maybe you just had to adjust your TV is such bullshit”. MAAAAAYBE YOU should have thought about that most people don’t watch your program on 4K projectors!!!!

If you have to tell me to adjust their TVs then maybe the problem isn't them but you :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Nova said:

If you have to tell me to adjust their TVs then maybe the problem isn't them but you :ph34r:

It reminds me of my FAVORITE Patti LuPone story about her at Company rehearsals:

One of those times came in 2011 when [NPH] appeared in The New York Philharmonic concert production of Company with such heavy hitters as Patti LuPone, Stephen Colbert and Katie Finneran.

His character of Bobby is essentially the glue holding the all-star show together and Harris – busy on the sitcom How I Met Your Mother – arrived for his first rehearsal not knowing his lines. The rest of the cast was already off-book.

During rehearsals, Lupone watched as Harris did a scene with John Cryer and Jennifer Laura Thompson.

‘When it’s over, she tells Jon and Jennifer, "You guys are unbelievably funny,"’ Harris recalls in his memoir Choose Your Own Autobiography.

She then looked at Harris with a withering stare and said, ‘You’re getting there.’

Then the two-time Tony winner and originator of the roles of Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard, Fantine in Les Miserables and Evita Peron in Evita, turned and walked away.

Harris writes that he was so mad he was shaking. For a half hour he was silent and stewing. Lupone asked him what is wrong.

In front of everyone Harris cried out: ‘I’m failing at this at every turn, and you’re telling everyone else they’re awesome and you’re saying, "I’ll get there! It’s not helpful! It’s not funny!’

Lupone, who had previously worked with Harris in a televised concert staging of Sweeney Todd, was not amused.

‘Oh, no, this is on you,’ she retorted. ‘Don’t put this on me, this is your thing, you – …’

Harris writes that Lupone – never known to suffer fools – then used ‘a colorful variety of Anglo-Saxon words before grabbing her script and storming out.’

Stay Savage, Patti. 😍😍😍

And is exactly how I feel about that dude!

• Like 2