Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Discovery shaking shit up.

Now the question is who will get the SAG Awards (since the fact they promise a room full of stars make it a no-brainer for a televised event). Would be bad news for the comeback-seeking HFPA if NBC picked them up and made them their new big awards show.

3 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

no, i use ad block

I am trying it now. No annoying ads here.

The ad that had right wing T shirts with a anti LBGTQ message was sort of the straw that broke the camel's back.

If someone here had made the slogan as a comment in a thread, he would have gotten a thread ban at a minimum.

Anyone else watch Star Trek Picard?  Season 2 just finished I'm just flummoxed at how terrible it is from top to bottom, it really feels like it was written by a bunch of 10 year olds.  Has anyone else in Hollywood failed upwards as successfully as Alex Kurtzman and his band of hacks?

• Haha 1

Just now, Ozymandias said:

Anyone else watch Star Trek Picard?  Season 2 just finished I'm just flummoxed at how terrible it is from top to bottom, it really feels like it was written by a bunch of 10 year olds.  Has anyone else in Hollywood failed upwards as successfully as Alex Kurtzman and his band of hacks?

You mean to tell someone else hired Kurtzman after The Mummy debacle???????

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Oh it's just terrible.

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

Outside of like one other TV show flop, he only ever does those Star Trek Paramount+ shows now. I guess he just has a really good contract with Paramount on them. I would feel bad, but I don't care about Star Trek, so...shrug emoji.

33 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I am genuinely angry I didn't know about this Fukunaga stuff until just now. The press has no excuse over this.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

He is responsible for the Star Trek TV show universe. Crazy, I know.

2 hours ago, Wondy said:

When I get home tonight I am gonna have a long, long cry over this. It feels like comics died. 

Exactly 6 months to the day

I'm just happy he got to see just how much fans loved him and how much his work meant to everyone.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Wondy said:

When I get home tonight I am gonna have a long, long cry over this. It feels like comics died. 

Let’s not forget Neal Adams passed early last week too.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Isn’t the newest show supposed to be pretty good?