Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

21 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

The only thing faster than light...is the mods banning you if you keep this nonsense up.

Are we allowed to say we’re biased against the movie because we think “The only thing faster than light... is the darkness!” is one of the worst pieces of dialogue written in the last year or so.

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Also, these people aren't trolls. They aren't. They 100 percent believe that shit.

Trolls can be honest: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

Best troll that get the best reaction tend to be those who truly believe the shit they say (some of those James Cameron trolls are probably believing a lot of those things), they use a language to say what to believe to augment the effect and decide to still post it even if they do not try to really engage in a meaningful conversation with someone.

Edited by Barnack

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Right, but we're literally on these boards to discuss and argue shit, so what else are we supposed to do? hear more about teenagers not getting laid? If someone posts something, and they mean it, that I disagree with, I'm going to say why I disagree. Doesn't matter if it's politics or a movie review or a prediction. I disagree respectfully, but literally these boards exists to argue and debate. 

Also absolutely nothing these boards matter in the grand scheme BUT I would argue that culture and how we talk about it is fundamental to our entire society, yes? 

Yes, but if you feel you have to passionately state your hatred of racism every time you see it, you shouldn't be surprised if every movie thread where that is a factor in its zeitgeist ends up like Wrinkle in Time's.

I think I missed the memo where March is shitposting month :P

Not directed to anyone in here but geez.  I get the movies this month don't look great to most people but does everything have to be so negative and fighting with everyone in basically every movie thread ?

Not asking for a drum circle or anything but goodness, the same people just constantly gong on and on saying the same stuff is exhausting.  :P

No wonder threads are being closed

Edited by 75Live

5 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Not directed to anyone in here but geez.  I get the movies this month don't look great to most people but does everything have to be so negative and fighting with everyone in basically every movie thread ?

Not asking for a drum circle or anything but goodness, the same people just constantly gong on and on saying the same stuff is exhausting.  :P

People be like:

Image result for i'm bored gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

There has to be a word or phrase at this point for things or ideas that only become notable because so many people are outraged at their existence.

Is the word Avatar?  :P

I kid, I kid

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Infinity Wars under Wonder Woman will cause sparks to fly in a more entertaining way. 

I actually agree that popular good movies lighten up the atmosphere here, given that it's a movie forum. This month is so sparse for films, everything that is coming out is going to bomb, so we fight over other stuff.

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

Since when did Asians become so hard to please? I guess not enough big action set pieces and VFX to make them happy.

I would like to nominate this for The Worst Post of The Day Award.

3 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

Well...not gonna lie, when skimming through threads, I sometimes confuse telehilation with treeing me apart when they are quoted.

It's very weird.

Same.

And then I read the post closer, and if I roll my eyes, I know who said it. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

Same.

And then I read the post closer, and if I roll my eyes, I know who said it. 

This is true. I get very confused for a moment by what's been said, and re-read the quoted person. And it all makes sense.

Sorry Tele.

• Like 1

Eh, I disagree that it's a bad month. There's a bunch of low-key stuff that looks to be worth seeing like Thoroughbreds or Love, Simon or Unsane or Isle of Dogs. Unfortunately, they're not the kinds of movies that a large portion of BOT generally pays attention to for the most part, so we end up with things like Tomb Raider reboots or Pacific Rim sequels that no one was really asking for dominating the discussion.