Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Was either '05 or '07. One of the years they were good when he was on the team.

Got nothing, sorry.  Just a bunch of clips from the '07 ALDS.

(so difficult to search for baseball clips online :sadno:)

I think I know which one it was: May 2, 2007 against Toronto.

Unfortunately doesn't seem any video was kept. But he looked real funny just smacking the ball along the third base line with no one within 100 feet of it. 

Edited by tribefan695

The story of Cardi B’s ass is the oddest thing I’ve read today.

Cardi claimed her ass in a basement apartment in Queens, where, for $800, a woman injected her buttocks with filler. “They don’t numb your ass with anything,” she says. “It was the craziest pain ever. I felt like I was gonna pass out. I felt a little dizzy. And it leaks for, like, five days.”

The circumference of the final product cannot be determined beforehand, which makes this procedure risky even among illegal medical procedures. While Cardi was happy with hers, she planned to return for a touch-up. “But by the time I was gonna go get it, the lady got locked up ‘cause she’s supposedly killed somebody.”

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 3

I feel like watching the older epic films/blockbuster juggernauts when I'm not too busy

So far I've only watched Gone with the Wind and some parts of The Ten Commandments

Similarly, films described as "epic" typically take a historical character, or a mythic heroic figure. Common subjects of epics are royalty, gladiators, great military leaders, or leading personalities from various periods in world history.

Interesting how all of this has been replaced by superheroes and sci-fi

33 minutes ago, Royce said:

I feel like watching the older epic films/blockbuster juggernauts when I'm not too busy

So far I've only watched Gone with the Wind and some parts of The Ten Commandments

Interesting how all of this has been replaced by superheroes and sci-fi

the larger audience's taste tends to evolve alongside the vfx tech available. there have been a few recent attempts at more classical epics but they tend to bomb

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

the larger audience's taste tends to evolve alongside the vfx tech available. there have been a few recent attempts at more classical epics but they tend to bomb

Makes me think of Ben-Hur 2016 where Morgan Freeman had a mop on his head.

freemandreds.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MrGamer said:

Continuing my run of the MCU. Finished Captain America: The First Avenger. Better than I remember. 

We just started ours with Captain America: The First Avenger, which we just finished. My heart is bursting. #3 Overall for the MCU with me (#1 TWS #2 BP).