Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

A good question that nobody knows the answer to 🤔

Your girl needs to aim higher.

(though I will admit I'm contemplated to check out Bumblebee just for her and Legend Cena if I hear good things after avoiding the last couple of Transformers movies)

seems like the Europe trip is mostly done planning with all the pre-order stuff.  Got the Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank House and canal tour set in the 3 days in Amsterdam, the Louvre is set and Eiffel Tower (after I get the ticket after work today) will be set for Paris, and the Colosseum, Vatican and stuff is set for Rome. 

So now the rest is just filling in the rest of the time just doing whatever we want.  But wanted to get the tickets for the big stuff out of the way to avoid the ticket lines at least

• Like 2

Amazon has reportedly shelved Woody Allen's A Rainy Day in New York (starring Timothee, Selena Gomez, Jude Law, Elle Fanning, Liev Schreiber, and Rebecca Hall) with the chances of it ever being released at zero.

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/29/latest-woody-allen-movie-may-never-see-the-light-of-day/

Edited by filmlover

It is amazing how much potential social media have. Not even the most extreme case, but I recently met a girl we were together at university but she later dropped out. She has 500,000 followers on Instagram and making good money through modeling.

Should I feel proud that I got my degree and I am getting 15.000 a year? Poor me with my 400 followers.

Edited by FantasticBeasts

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Amazon has reportedly shelved Woody Allen's A Rainy Day in New York (starring Timothee, Selena Gomez, Jude Law, Elle Fanning, Liev Schreiber, and Rebecca Hall) with the chances of it ever being released at zero.

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/29/latest-woody-allen-movie-may-never-see-the-light-of-day/

looking like it's gonna be the first year w/out a woody allen movie released since 1981. it'd be funny if he became a real dick about his contract and forced them into making these three extra movies. in reality though i think this is gonna be his last one.

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

looking like it's gonna be the first year w/out a woody allen movie released since 1981. it'd be funny if he became a real dick about his contract and forced them into making these three extra movies. in reality though i think this is gonna be his last one.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retreated to overseas, where there's probably more actors still willing to work with him than there are here.

20 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Allen has is own giant fortune and historically had people financing the next Allen movie without knowing what it would be, if he get free of Amazon deal it would not be surprising if he continue to work and get financement/distribution in Europe.

The fact he never needed the studio's or Americans, make him a bit more scandal robust.

Edited by Barnack

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Allen has is own giant fortune and historically had people financing the next Allen movie without knowing what it would be, if he get free of Amazon deal it would not be surprising if he continue to work and get enhancement/distribution in Europe.

The fact he never needed the studio's or Americans, make him a bit more scandal robust.

i think there were reports he's taking a break though for the first time in a long time. i think he probably knows it's not worth the hassle/bad press at this point. so i wouldn't be surprised if it was an indefinite break

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think there were reports he's taking a break though for the first time in a long time. i think he probably knows it's not worth the hassle/bad press at this point. so i wouldn't be surprised if it was an indefinite break

It could, a lot of is business model was built under movie star at a rebate price, doing an Allen movie for little has a dream / prestige thing.

, and that why he could get blind financement so easily.

That for the most part, except for some old friend a la Keaton/Baldwin is gone, would he want to start risking a bit of is own money to do movies or have to sales pitch is project to investor like a normal director....

The reason a lot of talent continued to do Woody Allen films even after the Dylan Farrow allegations came out was because of, simply, the prestige of being in a Woody Allen film. But given the quality of pretty much all of his work since then and of course the current Hollywood environment, it's questionable if there's any prestige left. It's best just to pretend Blue Jasmine is his swan song.

Edited by filmlover

Decided to get an annual Australian Amazon Prime subscription.  Normally AUD59 but of got a $5 credit plus $30 back on my AMEX so it's only going to cost $24.

Look at these great benefits.

FREE Delivery

• Get FREE Expedited delivery on Amazon’s local selection in as fast as 2 business days, and
  • Get FREE Standard International Delivery on millions of eligible Amazon US items over $49 when you shop on amazon.com.au.

I finally got around to watching Set It Up tonight and really enjoyed it. Too bad it was resigned to being a Netflix film because in a different era it could've made decent coin in theaters and led to Legend Powell and Zoey Deutch (both of whom really should be big stars ASAP) landing major roles not long after.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, filmlover said:

I finally got around to watching Set It Up tonight and really enjoyed it. Too bad it was resigned to being a Netflix film because it could've made decent coin in theaters and led to Legend Powell and Zoey Deutch (both of whom really should be big stars) landing major roles not long after.

it seems like it's done well on netflix though. both that and To All The Boys I Loved Before both probably got more eyes on them and buzz through that release strategy. can't imagine either making a dent with a cinema release.

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it seems like it's done well on netflix though. both that and To All The Boys I Loved Before both probably got more eyes on them and buzz through that release strategy. can't imagine either making a dent with a cinema release.

Maybe. The decision to pass on Netflix to be a wide theatrical release has turned out to be a brilliant decision for Crazy Rich Asians, but that fact is probably one of the things that's helped it become the sensation that it has.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Maybe. The decision to pass on Netflix to be a wide theatrical release has turned out to be a brilliant decision for Crazy Rich Asians, but that fact is probably one of the things that's helped it become the sensation that it has.

There's an entire different context around that movie c'mon I think you know that.