Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

was rewatching some adam west batman recently, and now going thru handmaid's tale season 2 ann dowd's performance in this show is so reminiscent of an old school batman villain it's ridiculous (and also my favourite performance in the show give her another emmy it feels like she's trolling the moody angst of every other actor)

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

was rewatching some adam west batman recently, and now going thru handmaid's tale season 2 ann dowd's performance in this show is so reminiscent of an old school batman villain it's ridiculous (and also my favourite performance in the show give her another emmy it feels like she's trolling the moody angst of every other actor)

Ann Dowd's always great but I like that playing extremely evil characters is becoming her niche. She does it so well.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

and the show's main villain, joseph fiennes, is such a lame duck. he would probably hate to hear it but it's exactly the sort of character his brother would totally nail.

Give him a break, he was loaded ok.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

I don't follow. How would it make it more fucked-up if they weren't close when she was growing up?

https://www.salon.com/2015/07/30/a_history_of_woody_allen_and_soon_yi_previn_describing_their_relationship_from_the_heart_wants_what_it_wants_to_i_was_paternal/

Those quotes sound pretty straightforward to me. Putting the Dylan Farrow allegation aside, all the Soon-Yi related pearl-clutching has always seemed ridiculous to me, not helped by people's total willingness to muddy the waters by not checking any actually available facts. 

Except it is widely believed that this is not her statement but woody's. Not the first time he did that. He had whole publication printing false facts about this situation. Knowing that you should check your available "facts" more thoroughly.

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/1992/11/farrow199211

Watched the Ang Lee Hulk for the first time in ages and shit, it's pretty good. I remember being bored to death last time I watched it but it's genuinely a really interesting and rewarding movie. Good stuff.

Jennifer Connelly has really nice eyes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aabattery said:

Watched the Ang Lee Hulk for the first time in ages and shit, it's pretty good. I remember being bored to death last time I watched it but it's genuinely a really interesting and rewarding movie. Good stuff.

Jennifer Connelly has really nice eyes.

better than every mcu movie.

I'm halfway through Game Change (the book). I didn't follow that presidential campaign, so I know close to nothing about it. And it's been painful because I can't help but cheer for Hillary Clinton to win over Obama. It's kinda like Better Call Saul, there's something disturbing about watching the show knowing something will inevitably happen to Kim and Jimmy's relationship.