Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

It took a few days but I binged Sword Art Online.  Not bad, not great.  It kind of went off the rails with the change to a different game, but still not bad.  

Not sure I want to do part 2 though

12 hours ago, filmlover said:

I saw The Happytime Murders tonight with a friend thanks to MoviePass and want a refund despite paying essentially nothing to see it. If there's a worse movie this year, I sure as hell don't want to see it.

Ugh. My boyfriend wants to drag me to see this...... :ph34r: 

So, yesterday I got around to seeing the last of this summer's animated movies, Hotel Transylvania 3.  While it was 3rd out of 3 from all of us (I2 and TTG were both better), we did discuss how this summer's animated offerings were WAY better than last year's, since even HT3 was better than Despicable Me 3...and let's not discuss the other options last summer:).  Hopefully, the trend continues next year with quality animated offerings being delivered for family audiences...

PS - I hit the discount $2/Tuesday for this movie, and it was about the right price...while the boys gave it A+s, most of us gave HT3 a solid B range...some moments were SO spot on (and the ending was fun), but it didn't QUITE gel into a perfect hit...

PPS - I'm now at 4 movies in theater this year, all from this summer...I'm behind last year's 12, but may catch up if I can ever find a pass that works for me...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

has anyone else noticed TV service providers, Netflix, and movie streaming are wrecking the original edits of movies?  (or were the always this bad) 

Can anyone with a didactic memory press this theory?

I feel like I need to get VHS tapes of original movies, take notes, and compare.

Be Kind Rewind 2008-2018????

Edited by dX airdry zid

37 minutes ago, dX airdry zid said:

has anyone else noticed TV service providers, Netflix, and movie streaming are wrecking the original edits of movies?  (or were the always this bad) 

For movies playing with ads they were cut in the past yes I think, on Netflix/VOD from cable I would doubt that.

So the theater in the mall opened back up, now it's called PC Mall Cinemas, 3.99$ movies every day BEFORE noon with a free popcorn, and plays movies that are two months old.

Though it does say that they're getting Papillon and Little Stranger soon (Also Ocean's 8....shouldn't that be playing before Uncle Drew, which is there now?).

Either way, what a waste of waiting.