Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

@Jack Nevada  I went through that stretch myself....not sure if I've even quite pulled myself out but it isn't the same daily fog anymore. Love ya bud, good to see you back.  

First Man was pretty lame.

Merry Xmas Eve to my dear BOT friends. Y'all are the best and an important part of my life. I'm celebrating by watching that all-time Christmas classic, Zero Dark Thirty. 

• Like 6
  • Knock It Off 1

First Man told us WHAT Neil Armstrong was like, which 1000 biographies and features already did (boring tight ass), but it still completely fails to tell us WHY he was like that. No new info at all, no insight into the characters. The moon landing sequence was great, but more because it served as a reminder of how fucking amazing it was that we landed on the moon and less because anything the movie did (though I will say, terrific score, helped alot in that scene). 

I've been a big defender of Whiplash and La La Land, but yea, First Meh indeed. 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Knock It Off 3

16 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

First Man told us WHAT Neil Armstrong was like, which 1000 biographies and features already did (boring tight ass), but it still completely fails to tell us WHY he was like that. No new info at all, no insight into the characters. The moon landing sequence was great, but more because it served as a reminder of how fucking amazing it was that we landed on the moon and less because anything the movie did (though I will say, terrific score, helped alot in that scene). 

Numbers managed to unruin Christmas but now you've wrecked it again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

23 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I thought the bit with his daughter was genuinely touching. Also, “obligatory LLL is bad” take.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1