Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

34 minutes ago, filmlover said:

CE how have you not seen On the Basis of Sex yet? If there’s any one here who would be first in line to see a movie that features a scene where Armie is playing wife by cooking for the family while wearing an apron I figured it would be you. Disappointing.

Because I didn’t know Daddy Hammer wears an apron. :lol: 

I’ll probably watch it on Tuesday 

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

So is anyone else but me gonna be watching this new season of True Detective that starts tonight? Looks like the series’ buzz has been overcome with a case of blue balls in its heart.

How dare you

Spoiler

I don't even have HBO right now :kitschjob:

11 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Sigh...Eagles lost, even though they had that game...

Only silver lining...after this playoff performance, there's no QB controversy in Philly anymore...

yeah, while I expected them to lose, they had this game and should have won.

Not putting it all on Foles, but after that first interception, he was pretty bad.  He looked rattled for the first time in a game in a long time.

But the defense didn't help.  They had the Saints in a bunch of 3rd and longs and let them convert over and over again.

oh well, this one will hurt but yeah I don't think the QB controversy exists any more

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 75Live said:

yeah, while I expected them to lose, they had this game and should have won.

Not putting it all on Foles, but after that first interception, he was pretty bad.  He looked rattled for the first time in a game in a long time.

But the defense didn't help.  They had the Saints in a bunch of 3rd and longs and let them convert over and over again.

oh well, this one will hurt but yeah I don't think the QB controversy exists any more

Still, if pregame you heard the D held NO to 20 pts for the game...you'd think we'd have a win...after the 1st 2 drives, the offense just let them down...and the D got so injured, they had to play more of a "prevent" to keep them in it...and it almost worked, except the O just had nothing after the 1st quarter...and should have...

• Like 1

since the Alita thread is "under review"

I'd just like to say its still fucking incredible how overlooked Blade is when people talk about how groundbreaking Black Panther was in casting for a big mainstream SH/popcorn movie.  It had a black male lead and a black female lead and it(and its 2nd sequel) was a big hit.  X-Men(2000) is often credited for being the movie that kicked off the modern CB superhero craze, but its really Blade that made Marvel realize that they can make shitloads of money adapting their properties into movies.  Blade broke the "wokeness wall" a full 2 decades before BP.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Still, if pregame you heard the D held NO to 20 pts for the game...you'd think we'd have a win...after the 1st 2 drives, the offense just let them down...and the D got so injured, they had to play more of a "prevent" to keep them in it...and it almost worked, except the O just had nothing after the 1st quarter...and should have...

I totally agree with all of this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

I'd just like to say its still fucking incredible how overlooked Blade is when people talk about how groundbreaking Black Panther was in casting for a big mainstream SH/popcorn movie.  It had a black male lead and a black female lead and it(and its 2nd sequel) was a big hit.  X-Men(2000) is often credited for being the movie that kicked off the modern CB superhero craze, but its really Blade that made Marvel realize that they can make shitloads of money adapting their properties into movies.  Blade broke the "wokeness wall" a full 2 decades before BP.

I couldn't agree more.

I don't get why Blade is always forgotten when it comes to comic book movies.  I love the film

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

It's probably generational...most folks can't name any movies from 20 years ago except the mega-blockbusters, so each new generation just doesn't remember these movies...and so something that hasn't been done in a while is "groundbreaking":)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

absolutely loved the first 2 growing up and still do

Yeah I really enjoy the 2nd film too.  I probably enjoy the first more but I really like both.  There is no 3rd one so I'm waiting to for them to finish the trilogy 😛 

Edited by 75Live

17 minutes ago, The Panda said:

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

Just watched this. So pumped! Reading Fire & Blood right now and enjoying it so far.

April is going to be one huge month for me! My birthday plus a couple others, SHAZAM!, EG and GoT Season 8!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Agree about Blade

Review complete and the Mod team has come to the decision to cancel the release of Alita.  It was a tough call but we're here to make the big calls.

• Like 2

Just now, JB33 said:

Just watched this. So pumped! Reading Fire & Blood right now and enjoying it so far.

April is going to be one huge month for me! My birthday plus a couple others, SHAZAM!, EG and GoT Season 8!

It’ll be a crazy eventful six weeks

April 14th - GOT Premiere

April 28th - Endgame

May 10th - Detective Pikachu

May 11th - Bachelors Graduation

May 19th - Series Finale of Game of Thrones

Maybe the most emotional six weeks of my life.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1