Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Uni was shut down for all classes after 3:30 today, looking 50/50 that it might be canceled for tomorrow as well. Anyone wanna pray for me that it is? My midterm is at 10:30 and I sure as heck don't want to write it :(

I'll pray.

• Thanks 1

When is BOT gonna do a Best Villains countdown so I can put Shooter McGavin up for consideration. No qualms putting him up there with Lecter, Vader, Joker, etc and unlike those three, he wasn't in a DAMAGED film. One perfect film, knew when to quit.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, MrPink said:

When is BOT gonna do a Best Villains countdown so I can put Shooter McGavin up for consideration. No qualms putting him up there with Lecter, Vader, Joker, etc and unlike those three, he wasn't in a DAMAGED film. One perfect film, knew when to quit.

Shooter running away after being #1 on the countdown:

DeepWetAnt-size_restricted.gif

• Thanks 1

Also it's dumb that they've decided to go through with the "some Oscar categories will be presented during commercials" nonsense (spoiler alert: a Disney movie isn't nominated in any of the cut categories) but with how schizophrenic they've been I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up being included anyway.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So who's presenting the Oscars this year ?

A Google Speaker doing the voice over ?

Terrific.

No one I think, many presenters will probably a bit more text to compensate I imagine, I didn't watch the previous ceremony with no hosts of the past.

These are all the Oscar presenters announced so far:

Awkwafina

Javier Bardem

Angela Bassett

Chadwick Boseman

Emilia Clarke

Daniel Craig

Laura Dern

Chris Evans

Tina Fey

Whoopi Goldberg

Samuel L. Jackson

Stephan James

Allison Janney

Keegan-Michael Key

Brie Larson

KiKi Layne

Jennifer Lopez

James McAvoy

Melissa McCarthy

Frances McDormand

Jason Momoa

Gary Oldman

Sarah Paulson

Amy Poehler

Sam Rockwell

Maya Rudolph

Amandla Stenberg

Charlize Theron

Tessa Thompson

Constance Wu

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Uni was shut down for all classes after 3:30 today, looking 50/50 that it might be canceled for tomorrow as well. Anyone wanna pray for me that it is? My midterm is at 10:30 and I sure as heck don't want to write it :(

Even on the other side of that teacher/student divide, that "will we/won't we?" waiting game on delays and cancellations is still nerve-wracking.

It's been a weird few days. I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that Seattle - freaking Seattle! - has been getting pummeled with snow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

Even on the other side of that teacher/student divide, that "will we/won't we?" waiting game on delays and cancellations is still nerve-wracking.

It's been a weird few days. I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that Seattle - freaking Seattle! - has been getting pummeled with snow.

Haha yup, that storm is pummeling the whole NW coast. Vancouver, Victoria, everything

11 hours ago, grim22 said:

4 categories won't be presented

If I may: I would not presume to suggest what categories to cut during the Oscars show but - Cinematography and Editing are at the very heart of our craft. They are not inherited from a theatrical tradition or a literary tradition: they are cinema itself.

• Sad 2