Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

14 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

@TwoMisfits, I think it was you who mentioned how it was important to keep the word "alleged" in the news reports of the attack on Justin Smollet, and I argued with you. Seems very much like you were completely right and I was completely wrong. :lol: 

(Also, ooooof.)

Thanks, I think:)...

Now, I'm still waiting til we get confirmation from the cops themselves about everything...since if the media is 100% wrong once, it can be 100% wrong again:)...you know that fool me once saying...

• Like 1

I think with the age of social media, the media needs to change how it addresses situations. I mean I just went on twitter and Jussie was trending because he staged the incident but then I see this on twitter as well 

And it just seems now a days news outlets just want to get whatever clickbait headline they can with minimal fact/source checking. I mean I’m sure they did this in the past too but again with the rise of social media it changes things. I don’t know. I just wish the media would *wait* and gather everything before posting things. 

36 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think with the age of social media, the media needs to change how it addresses situations. I mean I just went on twitter and Jussie was trending because he staged the incident but then I see this on twitter as well 

And it just seems now a days news outlets just want to get whatever clickbait headline they can with minimal fact/source checking. I mean I’m sure they did this in the past too but again with the rise of social media it changes things. I don’t know. I just wish the media would *wait* and gather everything before posting things. 

Also

Wonder who ABC's sources were if they weren't the police or Fox @Telemachos

• Haha 1

The media has agendas. This is why I don't trust any one of them. Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is an absolute buffoon and a shit stain of a human being but he's on to something with his anti-media narrative. Most of it is utter poison.

So, finished watching Ant Man and the Wasp (my last outstanding Marvel movie)...and it was probably my least favorite 2018 supers movie.  There was nothing wrong with it...but there was nothing really right with it, either.  Inconsequential plot (almost tv episode-like) without really livening it up with humor that the 1st had...my spouse and I gave it C+s...

• Like 1