Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

14 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That's because you are far beyond that. All those millennia definitely take their toll :thinking:

Whenever Tele's supply runs out he's gonna be like Mother Gothel at the end of Tangled.

Also I saw What Men Want tonight (as well as Velvet Buzzsaw on Netflix...yikes) and the movie is only alright but Cookie Monster is fantastic in it. See it for her (or else @CJohn)!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

fingers crossed all will went well / as you want it to be

Thanks yeah after that I just have a couple of assignments and by March I'll be done with university with my graduation ceremony in May (assuming I pass everything of course). Adulthood is going to be an actual thing for me now. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Telemachos said:

@DAJK you’re a fine upstanding young man with a good head on your shoulders and plenty of sense and compassion. 👏

Funny thing is, considering yourself a kid sticks with you. I still don’t really think of myself as an adult, deep down. 

A kid that doesn't like MCU movies and animation ?

Poor kid ...

:sadno::P

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DAJK said:

So, it just kinda hit me that I'm going to be 20 tomorrow. Not really ready to consider myself an adult, so I'm going to be using the term "twenty-teen" for the next little while :lol:

Anyways I just thought it was the right time to do a little post about BOT and what its meant for me, basically as I grew up. I'm pretty sure I found out about these Forums in February or March of 2013, and stalked for a while until I made an account in July of 2014 (4.5 years ago... holy shit). Before BOT I was basically this middle-schooler who loved movies but had no one to discuss them with because what other teenager in the world is going to have the time, or even care to, analyze box office numbers. While I did have friends back then of course, I did feel rather alone at times because so much of my downtime was spent learning about movies and box office. 

And then upon joining BOT I basically found this community of people who were just like me, in the sense that they have very different lives, but are connected by their love and passion for movies. So many people on this site were extremely friendly right off the bat, like Kalo and Ethan and Tele just to name a few. And the community always grew and evolved, and despite hitting a few bumps along the way and a few users who came and went that I can live without, this site as a whole really made me feel like I wasn't alone. It gave me the confidence to embrace the side of myself who loved movies, leading me to things like applying for a job at the local movie theatre, where I worked for over 3 years, and made many more friends along the way. 

It even made me more confident at school and in everyday life. Not in the sense that I could go and talk about movies to everyone, but in the sense that I wasn't some weird outsider, and that I belonged somewhere. And the people on this site stuck around as I went though different stages and events in my life: breaking up with a high school girlfriend, losing my grandparents, graduating, moving out and going to college, my parents' divorce, all of it. 

So with that I just want to say thank you. For being a part of my growing up, and giving me the sense of belonging and confidence I needed to become the (I don't like using the term "man" because I still consider myself a kid) person I am today. 

all the best users made their accounts in summer of 2014. that's a fact.

Happy Birthday :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

uuuuuuh sure.

not sure how film schools and cameras are racist but the point is correct, no? the idea of shooting on iphone is to demonstrate you dont need expensive equipment to make a movie. you just need a camera that functions. its opening up filmmaking to more people. Soderbergh using a phone is not some artistic choice of "this is superior for this film than traditional cameras", its a tool for the job, "hey we can make this film for cheap if we dont need a film crew and equipment"

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

Whenever Tele's supply runs out he's gonna be like Mother Gothel at the end of Tangled.

Also I saw What Men Want tonight (as well as Velvet Buzzsaw on Netflix...yikes) and the movie is only alright but Cookie Monster is fantastic in it. See it for her (or else @CJohn)!

I demand we see Erykah Badu in more movies! Woman was hilarious as the psychic lady

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I demand we see Erykah Badu in more movies! Woman was hilarious as the psychic lady

She was uproarious. Movie as a whole was actually funnier than I expected. Hardest I laughed was whenever

Spoiler

Taraji heard Kellan Lutz's thoughts about how he wanted to bang her in the elevator and made a move on him before they went back to his apartment where she found out he was into BDSM and ran away saying she left her "kid" in the car. :rofl:

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

She was uproarious. Movie as a whole was actually funnier than I expected. Hardest I laughed was whenever

Hide contents

Taraji heard Kellan Lutz's thoughts about how he wanted to bang her in the elevator and made a move on him before they went back to his apartment where she found out he was into BDSM and ran away saying she left her "kid" in the car. :rofl:

Spoiler

Pete Davidson's character being outed as gay had my audience dying. His performance has me excited for what he'll do in his Judd Apatow movie

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Went to see Cold Pursuit today (I'm a bad liberal ally) and it was pretty damn fun, but the big takeaway was that they showed the trailer for this unbelievable The Gift ripoff starring Dennis Quaid and boy howdy am I here for it.

You bad.

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Went to see Cold Pursuit today (I'm a bad liberal ally) and it was pretty damn fun, but the big takeaway was that they showed the trailer for this unbelievable The Gift ripoff starring Dennis Quaid and boy howdy am I here for it.

You good.