Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

They are doing sideline interviews right after a player throws a interception and even after they get benched. 😂

Maybe the league will actually last longer this time.

Lol. Yeah that part is crazy 

Decided to watch NBA All Star Saturday. The skills thing was ok this year but it's always been a little dry.

I really only care about the 3point and dunk contest but they usually suck 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

Decided to watch NBA All Star Saturday. The skills thing was ok this year but it's always been a little dry.

I really only care about the 3point and dunk contest but they usually suck 

I feel the in game dunks are more exciting now.

Nothing will top Vince Carter anyways.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

I feel the in game dunks are more exciting now.

Nothing will top Vince Carter anyways.

Surprisingly, this dunk contest has been pretty good. Yeah it doesn't touch some of the other great ones, but I'm glad to see it actually be pretty good

21 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Surprisingly, this dunk contest has been pretty good. Yeah it doesn't touch some of the other great ones, but I'm glad to see it actually be pretty good

I admit those last few dunks I just saw on were great.

Edit: This one was sick. 

Edited by EarlyDeadlinePredictions
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

I admit those last few dunks I just saw on were great.

Actually I have to say this is one of the best dunk contest I've seen in a long time. Probably because there's two people that are very good and there's not a lot of misses.

Very impressed and maybe the best competition  between two people since '88.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

They are doing sideline interviews right after a player throws a interception and even after they get benched. 😂

Maybe the league will actually last longer this time.

In cricket the commentators chat to the players during the match. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, JB33 said:

@DAJK @Lordmandeep @baumer @Barnack and all my other fellow Canadians: what are your thoughts on the blockades and pipeline protests?

Most Canadians and Native people want to reconcile the past and work together to help things in the present.

However a small minority are just stuck about the past and have no interest in making the present better. 

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

@DAJK @Lordmandeep @baumer @Barnack and all my other fellow Canadians: what are your thoughts on the blockades and pipeline protests?

It’s such a contentious issue that (and this is the unfortunate thing with everyone these days falling into one of two polarizing opinions) I don’t feel comfortable offering my opinion for fear of the other “side”. 

In my history tutorial the TA asked the class about the issue. Nobody wanted to answer, so she called a name from the attendance sheet. Of course it was me, so I had to be super careful and give an insanely neutral opinion. That just made people on both sides of the debate get mad at me, and the TA had to end the discussion.

I will say though that I have no problem with people protesting (any issue) so long as the protests remain nonviolent (which to my knowledge they have been). DOesnt matter which side of an issue you fall on, peaceful protest is a key part of a democratic system imo, and people should be able to express opposing views in non-violent ways. I live minutes away from the BC parliament buildings, and I know some have said I should feel “inconvenienced” by roads being blocked etc. But honestly, that only takes an extra 30 seconds of my day to use a different road, and imo that is worth people being able to peacefully protest. Now, the second protestors (in any situation) become violent, that is where I stop supporting te violent protestors.

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Most Canadians and Native people want to reconcile the past and work together to help things in the present.

From each side I feel like it really depends what reconcile the past would mean, the second it will be Canada ceeding good territory (water access, cultivable land and so on) it will probably break up for many that wanting of reconciliation.

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

peaceful protest is a key part of a democratic system imo, and people should be able to express opposing views in non-violent ways.

I imagine there is a number of billions of dollar in economy impact nonviolent action do that can end up being violent (considering how many people will die from those).

Action's are different than expressing views.

20 minutes ago, Barnack said:

From each side I feel like it really depends what reconcile the past would mean, the second it will be Canada ceeding good territory (water access, cultivable land and so on) it will probably break up for many that wanting of reconciliation.

I imagine there is a number of billions of dollar in economy impact nonviolent action do that can end up being violent (considering how many people will die from those).

Action's are different than expressing views.

I'm just a bit confused what you mean by the wording of your post. You mean there are people who will die if the pipeline is built? Or who will die if the pipeline is not built? 

32 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm just a bit confused what you mean by the wording of your post. You mean there are people who will die if the pipeline is built? Or who will die if the pipeline is not built? 

I imagine in both case, but in a very direct way, there is some models that show for each x millions lost economically you can expect y deaths to occur from it (but they are not easy to build obviously and practice vs theory, in theory every $5000 lost by those actions could have saved someone from malaria instead but it is not like that how it would have been spent).

There is something like 6 billions a day worth of merchandise getting around on trains in Canada I think, stopping a significant amount of that has quite the consequence and implication and it is not just expressing an opinion.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I imagine in both case, but in a very direct way, there is some models that show for each x millions lost economically you can expect y deaths to occur from it (but they are not easy to build obviously and practice vs theory, in theory every $5000 lost by those actions could have saved someone from malaria instead but it is not like that how it would have been spent).

There is something like 6 billions a day worth of merchandise getting around on trains in Canada I think, stopping a significant amount of that has quite the consequence and implication and it is not just expressing an opinion.

I see your point. Do you have examples of these models I could refer to, if possible ones that pertain directly to Canada and Canada's standards of living?