Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Can we all take a current chill pill?  I come to the boards to lift up my day, not depress it.  And talking movies with a wide range of folks of all ages around the world is one of the coolest, most fun things to do in my day.  So, let's enjoy each other, and not bring each other down.  Most of us have enough bringing us down in real life...why add to it here?

Then stick to the film specific boards.

THis country and the world are going through a crisis, and it stupid to think you can fence it out.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Exactly, only a pathetic good for nothing racist will do stuff like this

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/02/05/white-house-threatens-veto-puerto-rico-earthquake-aid-package-ahead-house-vote/

But sure, let's go on about being nice to the racist sexist homophobic orange Cheeto in chief

Removed my post here after second thoughts.

You are as admin here;maybe you should be trying to calm things down?

I don;'t like Trump any more then you do, but this thread is spinning out of control.

Edited by dudalb

28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I admit the reaction to Douglas';s death here is disappointing. A lot of "RIP" posts but not that many from people who have actually seen a lot of him work ourside of "Spartacus".

:ph34r: 

Spoiler

He's been my go-to pick in the celebrity dead pool for about a decade now. I have to give him major props for sticking around this long. 

lol Pelosi ripping Trump's speech is what everyone in my circle (work, friends, family) brought up most of the day. Her ridiculous response was perfect for a farce of a State of the Union. Man is so tone-deaf that he gave the Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh, a bigot if there ever was one.

Limbaugh, by the way, announced the other day that he has advanced lung cancer. I never wish ill will on anyone, but when your business model has long consisted of preaching hate and mocking other people's misfortune, "that's karma for ya" feels like a perfectly reasonable response. Save your condolences for someone who actually deserves them.

Like the Douglas family, for instance. RIP Kirk. One of my favorite actors and a definite legend who lived a full life.

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

Looking at the BOM weather app and it looks like we have 275-600mm of rain through to Monday.

I never noticed there's a weather app 😛

but my real weather around me ironically has a flood watch 

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I admit the reaction to Douglas';s death here is disappointing. A lot of "RIP" posts but not that many from people who have actually seen a lot of him work ourside of "Spartacus".

You really are the definition of "old man yells at sky".

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

Because the pig headed republicans who are trying to kill immigrants, ignore half of America and make life a living hell for everyone else deserve it. So.. shut up.

Edited to add: And Trump is a racist crack addled hare brained idiot who deserves to be embarrassed every time.

Second edit: Trump is also a sexist, ego maniacal, hardhead who has delusions of grandeur and those pig headed republicans are his enablers while they take the US back to the dark ages.

TDS is a real thing.

7 hours ago, JB33 said:

*shakes head*

I feel sorry for people like you. So, so self-righteous and rigid. You and so many others like you, specifically those high up in the Democratic Party, think hating Trump and destroying him is of more importance than anything. It's sad, and incredibly frustrating, to watch.

There is no known cure for TDS.

The outbreak started on a sweet and quiet night of November 2016.

People are slaves to their emotions.

They wouldn't recognize reason if it hits them in the face.

Edited by The Futurist

11 hours ago, Avatree said:

You really are the definition of "old man yells at sky".

ANd you are the definition of young person who thinks the world only existed since they were born.

You might want to check out some classic movies. A lot of realy good stuff there. even if it does not all that fancy CGI....

And if deploring that so many people are ignorant of film classics make me an old man yells at sky I proubly accept that label.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

ANd you are the definition of young person who thinks the world only existed since they were born.

You might want to check out some classic movies. A lot of realy good stuff there. even if it does not all that fancy CGI....

And if deploring that so many people are ignorant of film classics make me an old man yells at sky I proubly accept that label.

i think the issue is that you're just annoying about this stuff. plenty posters here like classic cinema but you've got to keep pretending you're the only guy so you can continue to have a smug air around all your posts.

• Like 2