aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Might be, might not be... That's irrelevant. Movie will probably be profitable and we'll probably get another one next year. So, there's that.

Well that’s one way to concede an argument. Maybe there were legit reasons why it cost that much? Because having seen it...I was

floored by that budget when researching for my review. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

I consider WDAS and Pixar kind of a "team". Don't know to which point they are 100% independent one from each other, or they share writers/directors/3d animation staff... I meant other studios apart from Disney (and its brands)

John Lasseter runs both divisions essentially. He’s the cartoon czar over there. It’s why weirdly WDAS the last few years got better while Pixar declined. Why that is is a good question and hell if I know.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Why would it follow DS path, when it's even holding better than WW did in summer?

DS was kind of new thing, without other MCU characters for a team-up movie. Thor is 3rd entry and has other MCU known characters in it. Expectations are higher for T:R than for DS. I think it's sunday drop will be closer to WW's than DS's. 

And following WW takes T:R to 126,1M

This is November. Football. Work and school tomorrow. It won't drop like a summer movie.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, RRA said:

Well that’s one way to concede an argument. Maybe there were legit reasons why it cost that much? Because having seen it...I was

Boo 2 cost $25m, Jigsaw at $10m can't possibly look as cheap.

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I feel pretty comfortable saying Guadagnino is in along with those three.

I have guadagnino at number 4, but I could easily see him getting replaced with two of Gerwig, Peele or Spielberg.

Edited by The Pumpkin Spice Panda

Thor Ragnarok:

The Panda: 135M

WrathOfHan: 130M

JJ-8: 126.9M

Fancyarcher: 125M

Chasmmi: 125M

Empire: 122M

aabattery: 121.69M

grey ghost: 120M

That One Guy: 119M

TalismanRing: 118M

Spaghetti: 117.5M

damnitgeorge08: 115M

Kalo: 115M

Simionski: 115M

YourMother: 115M

ZeeSoh: 115M

Alfred: 114M

bcf26: 112M

DamienRoc: 110M

kayumanggi: 110M

Telemachos: 110M

sakskidz: 107M

Wrath: 105M

glassfairy: 80M

What sorcery is this?

@aabattery

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, RRA said:

I have no idea. This seems to be the usual budget for a Saw movie. So...

1 hour ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

It's a year with five major superhero releases so far, and I think there's a legitimate argument one can make for each of those being the best one of the year.

May be a long time before we see another year like it for the genre.

When 2008 happened we thought that was the best year ever for funny book movies.  Then we thought 2012 was. Then we thought 2014 was. 

This is the 4th time funny books have upped the standard and they they have become exceedingly  efficient  at it.

s-04648e50dd2234ffdae641b9bc783469760515

Super hero fatigue they said. Too many cbms they said.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1