aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

During the pre-show of Civil War because I went to the 5 movie marathon.

Were they shouting it or just discussing amongst themselves? Cause those are two very different things.

1 minute ago, ACSlater said:

About to go see Thor with the Mrs.

I will say that I am not cool with her goo goo eyes at Thor.

There were a lot of middle aged women at my showing last night. Sure they were there for the “the story”. 

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Were they shouting it or just discussing amongst themselves? Cause those are two very different things.

They were shouting it though in all fairness, an employee of the theater stoked the flames which is a whole different issue.

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

During the pre-show of Civil War because I went to the 5 movie marathon.

You mean people were talking among themselves how BvS sucked 2 months after it came out?  If that is the case, that is very very different from what was being discussed previously with people screaming out stuff during trailers of movies that haven't been released.  

There is absolutely noting wrong or annoying with people talking among themselves before a movie starts that another movie sucked if it actually sucked.  That is normal.  

• Like 1

Just now, EmpireCity said:

You mean people were talking among themselves how BvS sucked 2 months after it came out?  If that is the case, that is very very different from what was being discussed previously with people screaming out stuff during trailers of movies that haven't been released.  

There is absolutely noting wrong or annoying with people talking among themselves before a movie starts that another movie sucked if it actually sucked.  That is normal.  

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

They were shouting it though in all fairness, an employee of the theater stoked the flames which is a whole different issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

There were a lot of middle aged women at my showing last night. Sure they were there for the “the story”. 

My wife is a 22 year model from NZ.

I have a bat ready if Chris Hemsworth shows up. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Sorry by shouting, I don't mean shouting at each other. I meant just a shout or chant. If they were arguing loudly through shouts, still different than just a random shout during the credits or trailer that wasn't a part of a discussion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Sorry by shouting, I don't mean shouting at each other. I meant just a shout or chant. If they were arguing loudly through shouts, still different than just a random shout during the credits or trailer that wasn't a part of a discussion.

It was a chant though that's my fault by not being specific by what I meant by shouting. It's not a huge deal but "both sides" do it and it's annoying to me when either side does it. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, Mulder said:

It was a chant though that's my fault by not being specific by what I meant by shouting. It's not a huge deal but "both sides" do it and it's annoying to me when either side does it. 

Sure I guess the Marvel side can get incited by a theater employee to chant a specific movie that wasn't well received sucks. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Had DC been on a 17-movie streak, with financially and critically successful movies, and Marvel with a pretty divisive mostly disliked set of movies, you can bet Marvel fans would be the obnoxious, whiny little brats ones.

Fandoms are all the same. They all have their share of toxic fans.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 9

The talking about an actual movie they have seen and in an environment made for it (marathon like this are I imagine just pure intense SH movies geeks seeking that experience for the good part), seem both distinction with bouuuing trailer in a regular theater presentation bothering family and people that do not understand what is going on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Had DC been on a 17-movie streak, with financially and critically successful movies, and Marvel with a pretty divisive mostly disliked set of movies, you can bet Marvel fans would be the obnoxious, whiny little brats ones.

Fandoms are all the same. They all have their share of toxic fans.

Both Marvel and DC fanboys are better than Rick and Morty fanboys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goffe said:

Fandoms are all the same.

I think DC having known the giant Nolan success era and building a care, identity by is critical success matter here, having year of telling other that RT/IMDB score meant something, as well as caring about the Internet a lot because of the gender/age/occupations.

Twilight, Transformer, 50 shades etc... had some good streak of pretty divisive movie compared to other franchise doing better (say Hunger games), I doubt they became whiny little brats for it (well maybe and I just have completely missed it, not being on the same platform at all).

I doubt fandoms are all the same, the average age, gender, type of movie, probably produce a bit of different fandoms.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

Thor’s ow could be about around $115 million. Second weekend with Veterans Day on Saturday, should have a decent hold around $55-$60 million and have decent legs with Thanksgiving boost, and the deadness of Early December. Domestic total should be over $250-$300 million. 

Bad Moms does $14-$16 million ow, and holds up ok. A $55-$65 million domestic total should be ok.