kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

8 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Whether or not this is set in a multiverse is literally the only narratively interesting thing about it, because otherwise, this looks like a meme in the making and I'm disappointed that Jared Leto seems like he's not going full Jared Leto in this.

Someday I'll see what some do in him. "Full" Leto or not, he's an acting nonentity from I've seen of him. I mean hell even in Blade Runner 2049 when he's got a sizeable gig, Dave Bautista in his one scene (1) more of an impression and (2) actually made that movie better. 

Marvel dodged a bullet on him when he was on the Dr. Strange shortlist. And yet ultimately they couldn't avoid him anyway lol. 

Okay am I the only one thinking people might be underestimating this movie? I don’t think it looks amazing, but Venom did have its box office detractors before it came out. 

honestly unless it’s Fant4stic level bad, I don’t have a problem with predicting over 100M domestic for this.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Okay am I the only one thinking people might be underestimating this movie? I don’t think it looks amazing, but Venom did have its box office detractors before it came out. 

honestly unless it’s Fant4stic level bad, I don’t have a problem with predicting over 100M domestic for this.

Venom had an IP advantage to say the least. 

I mean depending on budget and considering that dire market release date, it could do alright? Crazier things have happened.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

There’s an under $15M ow club that is absolutely ridiculous.  This will easily double that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The movie might end up being just okay, but my opinion is that Jared Leto isn't really a box office draw or all that popular of an actor in general these days so idk how much him being the man character will excite people.

I think this will likely do ok overall but ultimately nothing special or really noteworthy. This'll likely be one of those movies that'll just come and go, with people later in 2022 going "oh yeah remember that Morbius movie that came out earlier this year?" It'd be hilarious if this does well and they end up announcing a Morbius and Venom crossover movie in the near future.

Edited by clockwork

58 minutes ago, clockwork said:

The movie might end up being just okay, but my opinion is that Jared Leto isn't really a box office draw or all that popular of an actor in general these days so idk how much him being the man character will excite people.

I think this will likely do ok overall but ultimately nothing special or really noteworthy. This'll likely be one of those movies that'll just come and go, with people later in 2022 going "oh yeah remember that Morbius movie that came out earlier this year?" It'd be hilarious if this does well and they end up announcing a Morbius and Venom crossover movie in the near future.

To be fair this isn't banking on Leto (asides from trying to get a rub from an Oscar winner's presence) as much as "Hey kids, its a Marvel movie...with vampires...that isn't Blade!" And that might be enough. Depending again on budget/marketplace.

14 hours ago, RRA said:

Someday I'll see what some do in him. "Full" Leto or not, he's an acting nonentity from I've seen of him. I mean hell even in Blade Runner 2049 when he's got a sizeable gig, Dave Bautista in his one scene (1) more of an impression and (2) actually made that movie better. 

Marvel dodged a bullet on him when he was on the Dr. Strange shortlist. And yet ultimately they couldn't avoid him anyway lol. 

It was SONY's  call on casting Leto, not Marvel Studios.

Kevin Feige is keeping his distance from the SONY Spiderverse spinoffs.

10 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Honestly, I think Leto is an anti draw at this point, people kinda fucking hate him nowadays

I'm pretty sure that's purely an online thing, and it's unfair to boot. He deserved his Oscar and he's been pretty good in Blade Runner and The Little Things. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I'm pretty sure that's purely an online thing, and it's unfair to boot. He deserved his Oscar and he's been pretty good in Blade Runner and The Little Things. 

Jared, Is that you? 

😄

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

It was SONY's  call on casting Leto, not Marvel Studios.

Kevin Feige is keeping his distance from the SONY Spiderverse spinoffs.

Never said Feige cast him in this. 

Yes he’s doing what he can to ignore these movies, but technically these movies are now MCU linked. My jab stands.