kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

25 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

My prediction for Morbius was $38M OW and $96M DOM at its January date. With this move, I'll drop that down to $28M and $73M.

I think that's extremely generous. It could have weathered a wave of bad reviews better if there were less competition, but with Sonic a week after...nah.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RiddlerXXR said:

I guess they're hoping the Omicron burn rate will have cases down to a "minimum" by then? Maybe under 30K a day? I don't think it effects the box office one way or another. My OW and DOM estimates remain the same no matter when it releases this year. 

1 hour ago, RiddlerXXR said:

My prediction for Morbius was $38M OW and $96M DOM at its January date. With this move, I'll drop that down to $28M and $73M.

So what is it? Are you changing it or keeping it the same no matter when it releases?

I think this is a mistake. I would have tried to tie in with the Venom/Spidey stuff and recency bias. I also think its open for them late Jan and moving to a much more crowded slate wont be good.

I think it would have done over 100M and now think its a 75M domestic gross now. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t even understand the logic behind the stated reason for the move. Sony wants to maintain the larger screens for NWH? The movie will have been on its seventh week by that point. It will have already made most of its money.  

They have to try to allow NWH passing Avatar