kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

What is Sony thinking here?  This is not going to hit and has about the box office potential of Bloodshot.  Throw this bone to theaters and you can blame and write it off to COVID while getting something back in the near term.  And this will help create 7-15 million of cash flow to theaters that desperately need content no matter how bad it is.

On 1/14/2021 at 7:52 AM, ddddeeee said:

This movie's existence will forever bewilder me.

I agree it's porbably a bad choice for a movie but I can see the reasoning.  Thye though after Venom was a hit that ANY movie based upon a Spideyverse charecter would be a sucess. That Venom is popular charecter with a huge fanbase and Mobius is pretty much a B level Spidey villian escaped their notice.

36 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I agree it's porbably a bad choice for a movie but I can see the reasoning.  Thye though after Venom was a hit that ANY movie based upon a Spideyverse charecter would be a sucess. That Venom is popular charecter with a huge fanbase and Mobius is pretty much a B level Spidey villian escaped their notice.

And 'Morbius' as a character and property had been "in development" with New Line through the Blade franchise, then with Sony for years as a property... so it was the obvious first/second choice of Spidey-spin-offs out of the gate, after Venom.    

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I gotta wonder if this coming out after the next MCU Spider-Man movie is going to be seen as awkward. 

Everything Sony tries to spin-off or develop from the "Spider-Man universe" is awkward, anyway...  😅

Except for that *amazing* Spider-verse movie...

Edited by Macleod