The Panda

Top Grossing Movies of 2019 Predicts

1 hour ago, Juby said:

Because RotJ was "the final chapter", as weel as RotS ("The Saga is Complete" tagline, Vader presence!). This one will be just another SW film. Everyone knows that after Episode IX Disney is planning another 1596 Star Wars films, another trilogy another prequ... I mean spin-offs.

good point, it's one of many to come.

22 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Imagine if Captain Marvel did a Wonder Woman?

Or imagine if it did a Black Panther and became 2019's biggest grosser???

At this point, I am not betting against Marvel...

Not nearly the same cultural relevancy as Wonder Woman and Black Panther.

It'll do well though, over 300M if it's a great movie actually.

I can see a 2019 top 5 chart dominated by Disney with all 5 movies above 450M (potentially a top6 with Captain Marvel on the 400M+ too ... and wouldn't be surprised if Dumbo made a 380-400M. 

Something like:

- EpIX: 801M

- The Lion King: 650-700M

- Avengers4: 600-700M

- Toy Story 4: 450-500M 

- Aladdin: 450-500M

- Frozen 2: 400-450M 

- Captain Marvel 350-400M

- Dumbo 300-350M

A couple of ideas:

Right now, the spans are:

- CM-Dumbo 3 weeks

- Dumbo-Avengers4 5 weeks

- Avengers 4- Aladdin 3 weeks

In order to let movies breath a little bit (just a little bit due to the huge amount of blockbusters scheduled for the march-july period):

- I would move up Captain Marvel 3 weeks, from March 8 to february President's Day weekend, to the same spot where BP released this year. I know there's Dark Phoenix on that weekend, but by then, I'm sure Disney could arrange something ... you know what i mean.

- I would also move up Dumbo from end march to mid march, to have some more "legs" before Avengers 4. 

- I would move up Avengers 4 1 week, from early may to end april, same as with IW this year, what will give one more week till Memorial Day we where Aladdin will show up. 

Doing this the spans would be like:

- CM-Dumbo 4 weeks

- Dumbo-Avengers4 6 weeks

- Avengers 4- Aladdin 4 weeks

- Aladdin-TS4 4 weeks

- TS4-TLK 4 weeks

Edited by meriodejaneiro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Frozen, Lion king,Sw 9,Avengers 4 easy over 1B

Toy story 4, WOndy, Aladin and Spider-Man have a possibility to pass 1B 

Toy story yes

WW2 less than the original. Bond 25 releases the next weekend. Craig’s fairwell will be huge. 

Aladdin close but no

spider-man yes. Brand has recovered with CW and Homecoming. Will be shot way up with A3/4

Edited by HouseOfTheSun

Just now, Krissykins said:

2019 just looks like the year of the sequels and remakes, especially from Disney. 

I just checked, they don’t have a single original film scheduled for the whole of 2019. They have one documentary. 

It's sad but it makes sense. All you have to do is look at the top 100 grossing films of all time and ignore the first two.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

It's sad but it makes sense. All you have to do is look at the top 100 grossing films of all time and ignore the first two.

Lol ok. That’s a weird instruction.

I know it makes sense business wise, It’s just a bit scary and sad for original content. Maybe Disney just don’t have any capable writers at the moment. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Titanic isn't original... it's kinda based off of... the Titanic? You know that ship that sunk in 1912?

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, feasby007 said:

Titanic isn't original... it's kinda based off of... the Titanic? You know that ship that sunk in 1912?

Original movie just means it's not based on or part of existing media