That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Even if it pulls a TGD, it gets a $190M Domestic gross with a $65M five day and the same multiplier.

At the rumored $225M budget (with was thrown around on the movie thread - not sure I buy that it was quite that high, but I can believe $200M), Disney probably would not love $190M DOM...

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

At the rumored $225M budget (with was thrown around on the movie thread - not sure I buy that it was quite that high, but I can believe $200M), Disney probably would not love $190M DOM...

I don’t think Disney was ever excepting Inside Out numbers for this and I think the budget will be lower.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

I'd much prefer shirtless pics of Armie Hammer. After all, his film's the true event of the weekend.

Armie-Hammer-Mirror-Mirror.jpg

I haven't seen Call Me by Your Name yet (another month <_<) but I will be so disappointed if his dancing clip that went viral isn't his Oscar clip.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

I don’t think Disney was ever excepting Inside Out numbers for this and I think the budget will be lower.

Deadline posted $175M-$225M as the projected production budget...for what Deadline is worth..."Coco carries a reported production cost in the Pixar range which is typically between $175M-$200M before P&A, however, those in the animation world believe it’s much higher north of $225M."

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Deadline posted $175M-$225M as the projected production budget...for what Deadline is worth..."Coco carries a reported production cost in the Pixar range which is typically between $175M-$200M before P&A, however, those in the animation world believe it’s much higher north of $225M."

Just from the promos the complexity of rendering Coco's universe makes me think (as a layman) that the budget will be high-end Pixar. 

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Subzero said:

I don't see it at all .... During Zootopia run, my kids and their friends around the neighborhood were talking about it ...

Coco is out and I don't even hear a bleep from any of them ....  I think this cater towards more Mex/Span demo. It will do quite well but I doubt if it hit more than 170m.

Why did you let SteveJaros log into your account like that?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cinemascore

Coco: A+

Roman J. Israel, Esq.: B

Nvm, someone already posted that. BUT WHOAA

Also, when was the last time there were 2 films getting A+ cinemascores within a week of each other?

Edited by PNF2187

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

Wonderful, I don't think even Pixar films get this very often, does anyone have the data?

Pixar gets it more than any other studio probably.  5 of their previous movies (Up, Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., and Toy Story 2) got an A+.

Note that all of those are considered some of Pixar's best.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 2

Moana did 3x the 5-day ow. If Coco can do 70 5-day and 3.5x, then it gets to 245. 250+ is not dead but will be tough.

On the high-end if it keeps on going, DM3's dom crown spot could be in danger.

70 5-day and 4x would give 280.

Edited by a2knet

5 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Dinosaur is probably one of my fondest theater experiences as a kid. Sure the film doesn't hold up that well, but as a child the animation and the dinosaurs kept me enthralled. I even had the video game for the PS1. It sucked ass though. 

I have the vaguest memories of the PS2 version. I got stuck in the second level.